Chapter Five

Sorry if Brandon may seem like he's being a little cheesy in this chapter, but honestly he's a cheesy guy. Picture of Ben is off to the side----}

.-.-.-.-.-.-

Lysander's P.O.V

             After leaving the library I get back to Brandon's house to find  him fishing through the freezer for something.

"Hey dude what're you doing?" I ask him as I drop my backpack on the table.

 He looks up before saying,"grabbing an ice pack."

"How'd you get hurt this time?"

"Then who's it for?"

"My girlfriend."

                    Brandon and I don't talk much. Although we may hang out we never actually have heart-to-heart  conversations. You'd think that because Brandon is the most popular guy in school maybe I'd be popular too, or at least  people might attempt to have a conversation  with me. But no, that's not how our school works. I'm classified as a nerd and almost nobody knows I'm related to Brandon, besides no one would believe us if we told them we are related.

We're basically polar opposites,

We look nothing alike.

"You have a girlfriend?" I chuckle, "I never thought the great Brandon Jennings would ever even think about attempting a long-term relationship."

"Have you been living under a rock or something?" He asks raising an eyebrow at me, "we've been dating for over three and a half years now. We've  been together since freshman year."

Oh.

I really am oblivious.

"Well I've never met her."

"Obviously," he rolls his eyes, grabs an ice pack, then walks over to me. "Listen I need you to stay here with her because I have to go take care of some shit that happened today. You think you can just  stay and talk to her while I'm gone?" He sets a hand on my shoulder.

Stay and talk to a girl? I'm not sure about this, I haven't mastered their species yet. Hell it's only once in a blue moon I actually talk to one.

             "I don't know," I say, "Brandon ninety-nine percent of the time when I talk to a girl I end up saying something stupid and she ends up hating me. The other one percent it ends up being a guy that I'm talking too."

"It's okay," Brandon says, " my girl is different. She's sweet and shy and doesn't give a damn about anything. Not even popularity which I guess is another reason she's so popular. But  just help me out this one time bro."

"Well you didn't have to go all Nicholas Sparks on me," I say giving in, " but if you come back and we're in the middle of having sex blame no one but yourself."

"Ha. As if, I'm pretty sure you're still a virgin."

Sadly he's right.

"Whatever," I roll my eyes then follow him as he leads me up to his room. When I step in I see an all too familiar face.

And the side of it is bruised.

.-.-.-.-.-.

Amy's P.O.V

               He looks shocked to see me at first but when my eyes find his his head snaps down avoiding my eyes. He unconsciously pushes up his glasses before stepping further into the room.

"Hi Amy," he says. He sounds nervous. He must be thinking about the last time we talked. I will admit that I was rude to his when I left  but really any girl would be after being called a bitch.

       "Hello Lysander," I reply, "listen I don't want this to be awkward so before you say anything I'm going to apologize for the last time we talked. My leaving  was quite rude and I shouldn't have went off on you but really you had it coming, so I'm sorry."

                   When he looks up he almost looks like a lost puppy, confused as if he doesn't understand a word I just said. But then a genuine smile breaks across his face and I smile back at him.

"It's quite alright," he says still smiling," and I'm sorry for possibly coming off as a creeper. I'm just not all that good at talking to people and my mouth doesn't really have a filter..."

               Brandon looks back and forth between the two of us before saying, "I'm sorry but I'm extremely lost. Have you guys already met before?"

"Once," I say,"apparently Lysander works over at the cemetery where my parents were buried."

"Dude you work in a cemetery?" Brandon laughs.

"It pays well!" Lysander shouts.

"Whatever," Brandon says, "listen while I'm off kicking this guys ass Ly is going to hang out with you Amy. It works out better now that you guys already know each other."

"I don't see how that changes anything besides the sexual tension," I pout.

"You're not going to change my mind Amy."

"Fine but if you come back and we're having sex it's your fault."

He laughs.

"Why're you laughing?

"Because Lysander said the same thing a few minutes ago." he says, "besides I think Lysander likes his body better without it being covered in bruises."

"You're so cocky," I say.

"But that's why you love me," he says looking down at his watch," and speaking of reasons you love me I've gotta run."

               He walks over to my side of the bad and gently kisses my forehead before looking up at Lysander. He walks over to him and says in a low voice, "touch her and you die," before stolling out of the room.

                   After Brandon leaves Lysander stands awkwardly in the middle of the room and we stay silent. After a few minutes he finally says, " some boyfriend you got there."

"What'd you mean?" I ask narrowing my eyes at him.

His eyes widen slightly, "no...um-uh I-I-I didn't mea-"

"I'm just kidding," I laugh and he relaxes a little. "I do agree that Brandon can be a little overwhelming at times, but I think he's the only guy left who believes chivalry isn't dead."

"He takes after me," Lysander says.

"I'm sure he does," I smirk.

"You don't believe me?"

"No I do not."

             "Well," he walks over and sits on the edge of the bed, "believe it or not Brandon was sort of like me as a kid, he acted somewhat like a-"

"Nerd?" I ask, "yeah I know. We've been best friends since kindergarten."

"Oh you're that Amy," he raises his eyebrows at  me, "anyhow when we were kids and Brandon wasn't with you or his other friends we would hang out. So one night I was helping him with his homework when he asked me for advice about this girl he liked-"

"He asked you for advice?" I laugh.

"Indeed he did," he chuckles, "so the next day he followed my advice and got completely and utterly rejected."

I wait for him to continue but he doesn't say anything else.

"So what happened after that?" I finally ask him.

"Oh nothing," he says, "I guess you could say that I used chivalry when I gave him advice but not really. Mostly the moral of the story was that I don't understand girls. I can't even talk to one without stuttering. Another moral of the story could be that I am fucking horrible at giving advice."

"You don't stutter when you talk to me," I say grinning.

"Well t-th-that's because y-you're different."

"How so?" I frown, "last time i checked I still have boobs and long hair."

"Technically some guys have those too," he says.

"Are you calling me a guy?"

"N-no t-t-that's not what I m-m-meant I-"

"Stop crying I was just kidding," I say tilting my head at him.

"You know what," he says," I'm hungry and I'm sure you're hungry, I mean it's been around three hours since we last ate but I mean actually I don't even know what period you eat lunch in so it could've been longer. I'm not even sure you ate lunch or what you actually ate. that would be kind of weird if I did though, it would actually be quite  stalkerish. Speaking of which did you know that seventy-three point three percent of stalkers li-"

"Lysander!" I shout waving my hands out in front of his face, "do you always babble on when you're nervous like that?"

He blinks for a second before saying, "hamburgers it is," then he doesn't hesitate to rush out of the room and down that stairs.

.-.-.-.-.-.-

Random Afternoon Update!! No school on account of it being Martin Luther King Jr. Day so I took some time to type up this next chapter for y'all. Hope you guys enjoyed and since I have some time on my hands I might update again today. Anyhow there's a picture of Ben off to the side, Yum. I decided to change it up a little so next chapter will be in Brandon's P.O.V.

Byyyeee!!!

Instagram:momo36235
Email:momo36235@gmail.com

vote

comment

follow

fan