Chapter Twenty Two

Ben's P.O.V 

What the actual fuck? 

One second Amy is perfectly content with me having my arm around her then Brandon has to pop up and ruin everything. I watch her closely while she's on the phone. Her eyes widen and I swear I see her whole body go stiff. 

I reach out to try and touch her arm. I figure maybe I can at the very least try and comfort her, but right before my hand even gets the chance to graze her arm she's off. She breaks off into a sprint and leaves both Brandon baffled staring off at her. 

What the hell just happened? 

"What the hell did you do?" Brandon asks, anger evident in his voice. 

I don''t answer as I continue to stare off after Amy. I watch as she accidentally crashes into some guy but doesn't bother stopping to help him get up. As Amy vanishes around the corner of the street the guy she knocked over climbs back up to his feet. He makes eye contact with me before jogging over towards Brandon and I. 

The nerd hath returned. 

"Was that Amy?" He asks glancing over at me for a few seconds before turning towards Brandon.  

"Listen asshole," Brandon says shoving the nerd to the side and stepping over closer to me, "I can't keep doing this with you anymore. What'd you do to her now?" 

"Me?" I say as I begin to clench and unclench my fists, "maybe she finally figured it out." 

"What're you talk-" 

"That her fuck buddy's a cheater." 

He stands there. Nearly stunned into silence. He probably didn't even know that I knew about it yet. Maybe it's time someone confronted him about this, if Amy doesn't find out soon it'll be too late. 

"I'm not cheating on Amy," he says his voice breaking slightly. 

"Oh so you're cheating on Bethany?" 

I give him one last satisfying smirk before shoving past him and walking towards the parking lot. I hop onto my motorcycle without bothering to put on a helmet.