Chapter Twenty Three

Amy's P.O.V 

Finally 

After a long while of trying to explain to Lysander that I wasn't pregnant with Brandon's child and that I desperately needed to get to the hospital we finally made it there. Lysander really is a sweet guy, I mean I've always known he was a nice guy, but he can seriously talk your ears off. I can tell he's worried though, he keeps sneaking glances at me and constantly pushing his glasses up farther onto his face even though they can't be pushed up any further. 

I told him the entire story on the ride here and as soon as I began explaining to him what happened between my Uncle and me, I see his grip on the wheel tighten. Lysander is a really sympathetic guy. I've known him for a while now and I understand that he very much enjoys being a knight for the damsel in distress. Exhibit A: when he hauled off and socked Ben in the eye, and right now I really don't need him trying to locate my Uncle -whom mind you is already in the hospital- to try and beat him up. So basically right now I'm trying to convince Lysander to stay in the car so he doesn't explode if he happens to see my Uncle. 

"I still think I should come in with you," Lysander says firmly as if he's already made up his mind, "it's called chivalry my dear. I can't just let you go in there by yourself." 

"Lysander I am perfectly capable of going in by myself," I say crossing my arms over my chest, "not every girl needs a guy to accompany her just because she's sad."  

"I'm not being sexist if that's what you're thinking," he says leaning back in his seat and attempting to push his glasses further up on his face again. "I'd go inside with anyone in your predicament. Study shows that the risk of a person committing suicide is-" 

Suicide? 

I will admit that I have thought about it on several occasions, all of which were because of my Uncle. Recently though I haven't thought about it much. I thought that I was getting better because all my pieces were slowly falling together. I was living with my dream guy, I had friends, and I had escaped my Uncle. But maybe the real reason I hadn't thought about it recently is I haven't eaten anything over the past two days. 

So maybe Lysander's right, maybe it'd be smart to have him come in with me if the risk of suicide is lower. But then again I'm not particularly opposed to  the idea of suicide. As long as it's just me that it. Of course I'm opposed to the idea of other people committing suicide but honestly besides Bethany and Brandon who cares if I die anyways? My Uncle used to always yell at me and tell me I'm nothing but a nuisance anyhow. 

"Either stay in here or go home," I tell him as I try to compose myself. I open the door, get out, and slam the door. But then I feel like a complete dipshit so I walk over to Lysander's side and open his door. 

"Get out," I tell him sighing deeply.