nine

The morning comes too quickly, and I don't want to wake up at all. I'm tired from last night's activities and I shrug on my robes as I yawn and get my bag. Today's the first day of lessons for the school year, and there is no energy whatsoever as the Gryffindors gather up their books and supplies. Ginny meets Hermione and I at the Gryffindor table and Neville plops down next to us. Aside from Hermione, he looks like the only one who is vaguely excited about lessons starting.

My first class is Charms, which I'm excited about. We have it with the Hufflepuffs, which I'm also excited about, so I can meet new people. We enter the charms classroom and I see tiny Professor Flitwick standing on a stack of books. Ron and Harry wave at us, and Hermione and I exchanged looks that said Wait, they got here early?!  We laugh. Those two are never on time. We slide into the seats next to them, and Professor Flitwick begins the lesson.
-
-
"That was so boring!" Ron exclaims as we exit the classroom. I wave at Professor Flitwick.
"What are you talking about!? Summoning charms are so fun!" Hermione 'humph's and I elbow Ron.
"Once you learn a good summoning charm, you can summon all the food you ever wanted! Right at your feet."  Ron nods, and Harry suggests we all head to our next lesson, potions before Snape gets mad. We agree and set off down the stairs to the dungeons.

At potions, Snape directs us all to seats, and I smirk at Hermione, who got paired up with Ron. I turn to Harry, who is my partner. "Don't worry. I'm good at potions. Snape won't take marks off us today!" He snickers, and we pull out our books.

All through the lesson, Snape tries to tell us what we've done wrong with our potions, but can barely find anything. "You chopped those bat spleens too finely," he says to me and Harry, even though we both know full well that it doesn't matter how finely they're chopped.

At the end of the lesson, though Draco Malfoy tried hard, Hermione and I had the best potions in the class.

"Thank you," Harry whispers in my ear on the way out of the classroom. I shoulder-punch him. "Of course."

-

-

After Divination, when which Hermione peels off to go to Arithmancy, we all meet up again to head to lunch. We arrive in the Great Hall, which I notice now has a stone goblet in the middle of it. It has a blue fire blazing on the top, and many old and young students alike were standing around it. On a table, we see Fred and George sitting, and we ask them about their plan to enter. 

"We've got it all figured out," George says.

"The Ageing Potion is brewed, and we already took our drops of it!" Fred adds.

They stroll up to the age line and cross. For a moment, nothing happens, and Fred and George cheer. But then, right as Fred is about to put in his piece of parchment, and George hops across the line to do the same, they get shot out of the age circle, and they land on the floor hard. We all rush over and gasp when we see the state they're in. Ron snorts, and we all start laughing. They've grown long white beards, not too different from Dumbledores. 

When they look at their reflection, they burst out laughing and run down to Madam Pomfrey.

-

-

-

-

-

so, I know that this is not exactly like it happens in Goblet Of Fire, but I am making it my own and this will help me later in the story. thanks for understanding and being patient with me as I slowly put out chapters! love ya, truffles_7.