fourteen

After Harry, Hermione, and I return to our second class from the Quidditch Pitch, I can tell somethings bothering him. All through class, he's fidgeting and not paying attention to his notes. Once we were at lunch, and Hermione and I started filling our stomachs, Harry pulls me aside. 

"Can we go for a second?"

"Are you just going to leave Hermione?"

"We might cut into our next class, and I know she's not gonna be ok with that." I look over at Hermione looking at us weirdly, and I just wave and hold up one finger to say 'just a second'. Harry pulls me down the hall.

"Where are we even going?!" I ask as we arrive outside. 

"Just follow me ok?" I grunt and Harry just grips my arm tighter.

We arrive at the bridge, and Harry hurries even faster. I see Cedric, and my cheeks start to warm, even though it's November, and winter in Scotland isn't the warmest. Harry abruptly stops in front of Cedric and his friends, and I try to hide behind Harry. He shoves me out from behind him and starts on Cedric. 

"Hey, um, can we talk? Like, alone?" Harry asks, and Cedric nods at his paparazzi, which advances without him farther down the bridge. 

"What's up?" Cedric looks concerned. 

"I know what the first task is. AND I'm pretty sure both Fleur and Krum know about it."

Cedric looks intrigued. "Well, don't leave me guessing," Cedric chuckles. My cheeks feel like they're glowing and I try to cover them up with my hands, but I'm not doing a very good job. Good thing Cedrics more interested in Harry and the dragons than me. 

"Well," Harry lowers his voice ."We're up against dragons. I'm not telling you what I'm using to get past it, but you might want to get going."

Cedric is quiet for a moment. Then finally, "Thank you so much, Harry. I'll get on that. I really appreciate it." Harry nods, and Cedric looks at me like he just noticed I was there. I snap myself around, and it's me that pulls Harry back to class. 

-

-

That night, Hermione and I push Harry harder than we ever have before. We continually practice and when Harry keeps sitting down for a break, we usher him out of his seat and practice even more. I'm pretty much just doing homework the whole time, as Hermione is better at Charms than either Harry or me. During the time there practicing, I finish a whole 2 sheet essay for Snape's potion class. I also look up Gregory the Gross in my History of Magic textbook and take  THE MOST BORING notes ever. Like, ever. I find the placement of Saturn for my star chart, that I have to turn in to Professor Trelawney tomorrow. I decide to get ahead of some Transfiguration work while I'm at it. The soundtrack to the night is Hermione's scolds, and Harry's grunts of frustration and fury. I urge him to realize that without these practices, he will not be ready to face the dragon in two days.

Along with all of our other dragon concerns, we don't know which dragon Harry's going to get. He mentioned four dragons. He saw what Hagrid and Charlie (Ron's adult brother) said was: A Chinese Fireball, a Common Welsh Green, a Swedish Short-Snout, and the (ferocious) Hungarian Horntail. 

While alone at the beginning of the school year, when I had not-so-many friends besides the Weasleys (and Hermione was still warming up to me), I spent my days in the library, searching for anything and everything. I researched for every class, even if it wasn't something we were learning about. In my pursuit of looking up everything, I found a lot about dragons. The Hungarian Horntail is a very dangerous dragon, who's fire is deadly, and tail can whip you into dust. 

-

-

-

-

-

-

This chapter was pretty short but I hope you enjoyed it! Thanks again for a little over 700 views! I love you guys!

Thanks, lovelies,

~truffles_7 ❤️