sixteen

After the majority of the students have left the stadium, Hermione and I venture down to the Champion's tent. We peel back the flap again and are surprised to see Ron and Harry laughing. We stand against the wall and watch them. For a few minutes, we savor the moment, and then we walk over.

"I reckon you'd be barking mad to put your own name in the Goblet of Fire!" Ron exclaims. "Whoever put your name in, I-I-I reckon they're trying to do you in!"

Harry nodded.

"Just letting you know, I wasn't the only one," Ron looks up at Harry after a moment.

"What?" Harry asks.

"I wasn't the only one who was saying it. They were all whispering behind your back."

"Yes, because that makes me feel so much better." Harry rolls his eyes.

"Well, it was me who warned you about the dragons,"

"No, Hagrid showed me the dragons!"

"I told Hermione to tell you that Seamus told me that Parvati told Dean that Hagrid was looking for you," Ron lets out a long breath.

"That's completely mental."

Hermione walks toward them, turns back, and then bursts into tears. Harry, Ron, and I rush over to her, and we all say "Are you okay?", "There's nothing to cry about!", "Why are you crying!?"

"You two are so stupid!" She looks up at Harry and Ron. She hugs them both, then pulls me by my arm out of the tent.

-

-

We head back to the common room, and Hermione sits on a squashy armchair near the fire.

"So... what was up with you earlier?" I ask.

"Oh, it's just that we worked so hard to try and make them make up, and they do it like that!? I mean- ugh, boys are so confusing!"

But, right at that moment, we hear a familiar noise of the rest of Gryffindor blundering up the stairs in one big blob. We sit back in our armchairs (best seat in the house if you ask me! Right next to the fire, just *chef's kiss*), and we see the flood come through the portrait hole. Noise fills the room, and students collapse into chairs.

"Did you see Harry!?" one student asks

"Yes, everyone did!" another answers.

"One girl had her hands over face! Who does that when Harry's flying around?"

Hermione looks at me and we laugh. "For the record, I didn't have them over my face the whole time!" she says.

"Mhmm, ya sure.." Hermione looks at me as I crane my neck.

"Who're you looking for?" she starts looking around.

"Where're the twins?" I ask.

"Oh no," we both say in unison.

Then, we hear the portrait hole creep open, and the whole of Gryffindor house turns their head towards the two people coming in.

"Hear! Hear!" Fred yells out.

"The prince of Gryffindor is about to enter!" George looks around. "Well, what're you doing!? Are you all not going to bow?"

The common room all scramble up in unison, and then Fred and George move their shoulders away from each other, revealing Harry. The students all swell up, lifting Harry onto his shoulders and bobbing him up and down. Dean brings out the old Gryffindor banner and wraps Harry up in it like a blanket. Seamus brings out a tray of food and sets it on one of the many coffee tables in front of the fire. 

-

-

After partying into the late evening hours, Hermione, Harry, Ron, and I withdraw to bed. Harry and Ron part with us and we get ready for bed. I'm so tired, I can barely stand up. I fall onto my bed and close my curtains. As soon as I lay down on my bed, my eyelids flutter closed and I retire into a deep sleep.

-

-

-

-

-

-

I'm sorry this chapter was really short! I have a really busy week this week, but I AM planning on publishing on Saturday. 

Thanks, lovelies,

~truffles_7 ❤️