six

Ron rolls his eyes, but I'm excited. I get to see Hogwarts! I run down the walkway to where I see Myra sitting with some others.

"Hogwarts. 2 minutes!" She nods at me and I scramble back to our compartment.

They're all clambering about, apparently making room for me where, when I look out the window, I get a clear view of Hogwarts. Hermione has apparently been counting down two minutes since Fred opened our door.

"30 seconds," she says, and Ron checks his watch. They push me into the seat, and there is a clump of trees that seems to be clearing up. Hermione taps me on the shoulder, and I look around a bush. My hand flies over my mouth. I gasp.

It's gorgeous. I want to cry, and I can't believe I'm actually here. The stone is rough in the right places, and the towers and turrets overlook everything. The pitch-black lake is gloomy looking. As we pull into Hogsmede station, I get one last glimpse of the exquisite castle.

The train pulls into the station, and I pull my trunk down off the rack. Hermione asks me as we step off the train, "So, what do you think?"

"It's beautiful. Prettier than I imagined, which was pretty!" We giggle and make way for the first-years. A large man trudges around the station.

"Hagrid!" Harry, Ron, and Hermione all shout in unison. So this is the half-giant Ron's always talking about. I walk up to him.

"Hi. I'm Elizabeth, but you can call me Eliza."

"Rubeus Hagrid, but you can call me Hagrid," he winks at me and takes my tiny hand in his.

-

-

We get into the carriages and are taken along a road up to the castle. I see Myra laughing with a couple of fifth-years. Of course, she's already popular. I get a lower view of the castle as we're being pulled along. I look over at Ron. "You never told me it was this beautiful!"

"You never asked how beautiful it was,"

"I'm sure I did at some point. I mean, you could've at least told me it was not only beautiful but gorgeous!" He blushes and Harry looks at me.

"Ron's not one for descriptions, as you most likely already know." Harry grins at us, and we all laugh in agreement as his ears turn red with embarrassment.

When we get up to the castle, I look around a tree trunk to find a view of the first-years boarding their boats to head across the black lake. I look down at my feet. How I'd kill for that experience! As we trudge up to the huge front doors, I see a woman dressed in all green robes and a black hat.

"Hello, students. I am aware that we have two transfer students in our midst? If you would please raise your hands, we will move on." Myra and I lift our hands in the air and I see the woman nodded. She beckons for the crowd to continue forward, and we do. With a wave of movement, the school shifts through the large doors the woman just opened with her wand.

"As most of you know, we do not get many transfer students." That's what I figured. "This is a very special occasion, in which the first-years will be delayed so our new students can be sorted before." I look at Harry, Ron, and Hermione, and they have a look like hm on their faces.

"Oh! That's Professor McGonnagal by the way. Don't wanna mess with her," Ron says.

All the students poured into the Great Hall, which I knew from stories my grandma told me. I looked around briefly, for I couldn't see much due to the taller students. They were all shimmying around to get to their house tables. Soon after, it was just me and Myra standing in the middle of the hall.

Professor McGonagall calls out, "Martin, Myra" and Myra strolls casually up to the stool where a hat sits. Myra breathes in, Professor McGonnagal puts the hat on her head and sits down. The hat moves around a little, and when it finally straightens up, it shouts:

"GRYFFINDOR!" cheers emitted from the Gryffindor table. Professor McGonnalgal calls out, "Martin, Elizabeth" and I slowly make my way towards the stool. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Ginny at the Gryffindor table. She has her hands clasped together in front of her and looks eager. What am I gonna do if I don't get Gryffindor?

The hat is placed on my head, and it thinks for a minute. It feels like hours, slowly slugging past. Finally, the hat shouts:

"GRYFFINDOR!" the Gryffindor table erupts, and I'm suddenly surrounded by Gryffindors. I only want to find one person. Ginny. I push my way through the crowd, and when I finally see her, I embrace her.

"Thank goodness." I giggle and go over to Ron, Harry, and Hermione. I do a little wave, and we all laugh. I sit down next to Hermione. She seems nice enough, and, if we're gonna be spending the next 4 years together, I think I wanna get to know her better.