five

The windows. They are all over the station. The roof was completely made up of glass. They provided all the light in the place. As we weaved between the platforms, we reached platforms nine and ten. Myra and I looked at each other. At the same time, the Diggorys showed up next to us.  

"Hello," I jumped. Looking to my left, I see the tall, brown hair. Cedric. I felt my cheeks redden and looked away to re-organize the things in my cart. Myra glanced at me and smirked, but I secretly saw her blush a little too. "Almost 11:00 isn't it?" I nodded and looked over at Mum. All we have to do is give her the look, and she comes to our rescue.

"Ready, honey? Ok, just look straight ahead. You may want to run if you're nervous." I mouth thanks, and she nods. I squeeze her hand quickly and hurl myself at the wall. 

When I realize I'm not dead, and on Platform 9  3/4, I marvel at its beauty. Just like the gorgeous platforms surrounding it, this hidden pocket of King's Cross is somehow even more captivating. My eyes wander through the sea of people until I spot the scarlet train coming in. The shiny cars twinkle in the sunlight that is streaming through the roof. We push through the crowd until we see doors, which lead to a train car. We also can't miss the bobbing heads, of varying size, that are topped with what look like flames, and, in the middle, one topped with chocolate.

-

-

As I lug my heavy trunk through the narrow corridor, I spot Ron's compartment.

He opens the door. "Hey! I can take that if you want," he points toward my trunk. 

"Oh well actually, I was gonna sit with Gi-" I start to say, but he pulls me and my trunk through the door. 

"If you were about to say you were going to sit with Ginny, I would've peed myself." I look at him. "Do you really want to sit with those 13-year old nincompoops?" I'm offended.

"We were all 13-year old nincompoops just last year!" Ron shakes his head. I shrug and sink into the seats. 

After a few moments of awkward silence, who I understand to be, Hermione speaks up. 

"I don't believe we've met." she sticks out a hand. "I'm Hermione Granger, and you are...?"

I take her hand. "Elizabeth. Elizabeth Martin. But you can call me Eliza. It's truly a joy meeting you. I mean Ron talks about you non-stop so," Ron glares at me. Just last summer, he confessed to me that he has a major crush on Hermione. I see Hermione blush, and she opens her mouth, but then closes it. I laugh, and Harry joins me. 

"I have a feeling we'll all get along great," Harry says. Everyone nods in agreement, and we chat about our summers. 

-

When we're all done chatting, I remember we have to change into our robes. We agree that Hermione and I will find an empty compartment, and the boys will stay here and change. We walk down the narrow hallway and find a compartment and change. 

As we shrug on our robes and squeeze back down the slender corridor, we knock on the door where Ron and Harry are. They open up the door, and we sit back down. 

"Okay, Eliza. We're coming up on the castle," Harry says. My head whips around to look out the window. They all giggle. 

Only now I notice how they're all in Gryffindor robes, and I'm in plain black. I mean, I haven't been sorted yet, but I almost feel out of place. 

Just as I look out the window, Fred bursts into our compartment.

"The castle should be coming into view in approximately... 2 minutes." He winks, fistbumps Harry, and exits the compartment.

-

-

-

-

-

sorry I haven't published very much recently! i had a crazy week! have a good day. love ya 💋