three

When we entered the Magical Menagerie, I couldn't stop staring around me. Cages lined the wall, big and small, containing the tiniest kittens to ginormous owls. It seemed like every species of beast was contained here, yet the shop was very small. As we slowly walk around the shop, Ginny points out many owls that she said "Oh Eliza, you'll love this one!!" But I knew what I wanted. A cat.

After some investigation, I found the cutest little Scottish fold. I called over Ginny, and she clapped her hand over her mouth.

"Oh my god! that's the one! Eliza," she started shaking me by my shoulders. "You HAVE to buy this one!"

I duck under her arms and out of her grasp. We laugh, and I go up to the counter. 

"Hi, ma'am. Can I please purchase the Scottish fold over in that corner?" The lady behind the register nodded and followed me over. Ginny looks like a kid on Christmas morning. 

-

-

As were walking back to the Leaky Cauldron, I pop into Ollivanders, remembering I need a new wand for Hogwarts. I hand Ginny my new cat, and she keeps hugging and petting him. I chuckle, then walk up to the counter to face a frail, old man. 

"Hello, sir. I would like to purchase a wand please." His head snaps up, and he walks back into the shop and picks out a few boxes.

"Here, try this one." He hands me a short wand. "Here we have a springy larch wand. The length is seven and one-quarter inches long. The core consists of Unicorn hair."

I pick up the wand and point it at a wobbly chair. The chair explodes into a bunch of tiny pieces, and Mr. Ollivander quickly snatches the wand from my hand. "Maybe this one? This, a beechwood wand. It is just a bit over twelve and three-quarters inches long. This wand's core is phoenix feather."

I flick my wrist toward a stack of books, and they all fly up and land on the floor with a big crash. We all cringe. "Okay, maybe not..." I hand the wand back to Mr. Ollivander. 

He picks up the last box. "Rosewood, fourteen and one-fourth inches, slightly springy, a dragon heartstring core."

When I pick up the wand, I feel a warm, tickly, sensation that creeps up my arm, and I look over at Mr. Ollivander. He nods and rummages around for a second. "Seven Galleons." He looks up at me.

"Of course. Sorry." I reach into my pouch and count out seven gold Galleon coins. 

-

-

When we re-enter the Leaky Cauldron, I realize we've been gone for a little less than an hour. I run up to Mum. "Sorry, guys. I forgot to get a wand." I slap my hand over my face and sigh. 

"You just keep forgetting everything, don't you?" George says from across the table. He looks down at Myra, and she suppresses a giggle. I stare at him with an excuse me?  look on my face. We all laugh, and my dad gets up. 

"I'm going to bring our glasses up to the bar, and then I, sadly, think we need to get home!" Dad stalks over to the bar counter, and I walk over to Ron. 

"See you at Hogwarts next week, Ron." He nods, and I walk back over to Ginny. "And the same to you!" We snicker. 

Dad and Mr. Weasley shake hands, and Mum and Molly embrace. 

We all say goodbye, and the bell on the door tinkles as we exit. 

-

-

On the car ride home, I fall asleep from all the day's activities and action, with my new cat in my lap. I can't believe that, in less than a week, I'm going to be getting my first view of Hogwarts. I sleep the whole ride home, occupied by only this thought. Nothing else matters right now. 

-

-

-

-

thanks, guys for reading! Comment which chapter is your favorite so far. thank you so much for reading! make sure to vote!