40 | Catch Him First

An update finally!!
Firstly, I'm SO so sorry for how long it's been 🙏😓😓
Life has been crazy with so much going on, so I haven't even opened the wattpad app for a few months. My phone even sorta deleted it cos I ran out of space 😩 I've now got over 4K notifications and no idea where to start, besides updating. So I'm sorry that I've missed your comments and messages, but I'll go back and read them eventually 😌🥰

Now, onto the story!

3117 words

"Savannah, don't!"

Strong arms encircled her, pulling her back before she could rush after her mate.

"No, let me go! I have to find him." She resisted, trying to yank her wrists free from Justin's grasp. With her heart pounding and blood thundering through her veins, she struggled to believe the grisly scene before her and the sight of her mate slipping into the shadows. Dead bodies littered the once-pristine cream tiled deck, their blood staining it an ominous crimson. Had Zion really caused this much carnage?

"Alpha, stop. It's too dangerous. He just murdered Lord Alistair. Everyone is now going after him."

The whispered words against her ear made sense. The buzz of activity around them sharpened as her senses became hyper aware. The rest of the Council members began barking orders to their command, sending trackers and warriors after the murderer, instructing investigators to scour the gruesome crime scene for prints and evidence, and holding back the curious onlookers who were stunned by the horrible situation.

Savannah knew Justin was right. Diving headfirst into the hunt for her mate and possibly giving away his identity would be stupid.

Councillor Truett, a former elder from DoubleEdge Pack, soon took charge in Lord Alistair's shocking absence. "I want all the footage from the security cameras, now! Who was the man who did this? Does anyone know?"

"I believe it was the Princess's personal guard who was last seen with Lord Alistair. Maybe she knows something," Alpha Pierce stepped forward, a threatening look in his already dark eyes.

Savannah shuddered at the way he was scanning the area surrounding the hotel, alert for any signs that the killer might still be near. She knew how deadly Alpha Pierce was in a fight, how strong and capable he was as leader, and how far he'd go to capture the rogue who did this.

Being next door neighbours had taught her that Pierce was relentless, and couldn't be relied upon to do the neighbourly thing if it didn't directly benefit him. He'd stop at nothing to catch Zion, even if he knew what the rogue truly meant to Savannah.

Persia walked up to him, crossing her arms in contrast to his open stance that was in readiness for a fight. "I had no idea he was planning this," she denied, remaining unruffled despite the mayhem around them.

Pierce narrowed his eyes, lifting a finger to point in her face. "I don't trust this Hajian guy you brought along tonight. For all I know, he is the Silver Rogue."

Persia laughed while a snake of fear coiled around Savannah's throat, making it hard to breathe. "The Silver Rogue? That lame myth you tell stories of around campfires to scare little children? Please, if he was stupid enough to turn up at your Alpha conference, he wouldn't be such a dangerous threat. I don't know why you lousy lot of wolves haven't caught him already." She rolled her eyes, clearly unimpressed with the topic of most of their discussions, of the legend who terrorized the packs on the continent with his ruthless cruelty.

"You watch your mouth, young woma—"

"Let's all just calm down," Truett stepped between the angry Alpha and the calm Princess. "We can't assume his identity without further investigation. I suggest, Alpha Pierce, you head up the search for the killer, and I will work with Princess Persia to determine who her personal guard really was."