11 | That Tradition

That's Justin above, just casually lying in the long grass like it's his normal routine to pose for model shots 😆😆

3522 words

The Beta of ForgedHearts pack picked up on the first ring of his phone. "Hello?" he answered cautiously.

"Justin! It's me!"

"Vannah? What on earth? What happened to you? Are you okay? Tell me you're still alive and that horrible rogue hasn't ripped you to a million pieces and dumped you in Sludge Sea!"

"I'm okay, man. Calm down. He's not like what you expect." Savannah watched Zion stalk towards her and lift his eyebrows curiously.

"I said call your parents!" he leaned close and hissed.

"Shh. They don't even have a phone," she whispered before looking away and saying to Justin, "No, no, everything's okay. I'm not tied up to a torture pole, nor in a dark dungeon. I'm actually good. What's that?"

Zion gripped his hair with both hands and began pacing the living room. Savannah giggled, causing him to growl suspiciously.

"Of course I've got a plan," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Why did you go with him the first place? You deserted your pack!" Justin basically shouted through the phone.

Savannah held it away from her ear. "I did it to save you!"

Zion groaned and nearly punched a hole in the wall. Savannah ignored the moody rogue and continued, "He almost killed you, and would've hurt more of the pack. He's my mate, Justin. I had to leave with him."

"That doesn't make me feel any better," Justin grumbled. "I miss you, Vannah. We all do. The pack needs you."

"They have you as Alpha. They'll be fine."

"Yeah. One of the many things I've realised in your absence is that it's not easy being Alpha."

"Really?!" she scoffed. "Has my dad been giving you a hard time?"

"Try your mom. It's like she's breathing down my shoulder every day. They both keep insisting I send out a hundred search parties for you! I don't know how much more of this I can take."

Savannah sighed thoughtfully. "Anyone would think I've never left home before. Just encourage them to go on a camping trip with Charles and Lexi and their kiddos. That will keep them out of your hair."

"Good idea. Hey, any idea when you'll be home?" Justin asked. "This plan of yours had better be good or else I'm coming to help. If that wretched rogue--"

"Don't worry, Jus. He's actually kinda sweet."

"Sweet? You never describe anyone but Isaiah and Hunter as sweet. Have you hit your head? Are you injured? Tell me what's been happening!" her best friend demanded. It almost brought tears to her eyes to hear his dramatics again, though it was only just his voice.

"Well, the city is amazing. So much to see and do. I've been on a midnight raid, and shot a gun at a couple bad guys, and jumped off a bridge. I've been kidnapped, Vulcan nerve pinched, shot with a silver bullet, tied to chairs, and interrogated like a high profile criminal. You'd love it here!"

"Haha. What I love is your enthusiasm. Sounds epic. I'm sure Emerald, Petrinna, and Florence will love to act out those stories when you and Cale get home. We'll put on a stage play for the whole pack."

She mimicked his sarcasm, "I can't wait," then grinned at the blissful ignorance of her Beta and the childhood memories his words evoked. "So, here's the plan. I'm going to go along with Zion and his gang of rogues for a little while, gaining their trust. Then when my mate least expects it, I'm going to cuff him and bring him in. I'll be the greatest Alpha ever for taking down the Silver Rogue!"