5 | All Mine

2462 words

"Zion." Interesting name for an interesting man.

"Hello to you, too," he stood up and met her gaze from where he'd been leaning over a table. The other rogues with him also stood, shielding whatever they'd been poring over. Savannah's abrupt entrance had interrupted their secret meeting, but she didn't care.

Phoenix did. "What's she doing here? Isn't she meant to be tied up?" he glared incredulously at her.

"I broke free. Not such a helpless pack wolf, afterall," she retorted, propping a hand on her hip and shrugging her shoulders. Her eyes glanced around the room, noticing the homey furnishings and her Gamma sitting on a couch on the far side of this living room. They nodded at each other, instantly communicating that they were okay and unharmed.

"Took you long enough," her mate, Zion, cast her a bored look.

"What's that supposed to mean?" she questioned, growing irritated with his enigmatic statements, despite knowing she should expect them by now.

"I knew you had a knife. I was prepared for you to fly at me and slash your way past to freedom."

Her breath escaped her. When she recovered, still wondering how many of her other secrets he knew about, she met his gaze and said seriously, "I told you, I'd never hurt you. Unless, of course, you try to kill me or my pack members. Then I might have to have a little chat to you with these in company," she extended her claws and made sure everyone knew how much of a threat she was.

"Looking forward to it." Zion's eyes twinkled.

Phoenix made a gagging sound. "Can we please get back on topic? They've held us up enough," he growled and glared at her and Cale before looking back at the table.

Savannah wandered over, waiting for someone to stop her, but they didn't. Peering around her mate's shoulder, she saw what seemed to be a map spread out, floor plans, and blueprints to the same building.

"Planning a heist?" she asked.

"Re-planning a botched mission, thanks to you."

"Okay, I get it. You hate me," Savannah returned Phoenix's glare. "Anyone else want to get some anger off their chest? May as well start now."

Zion smiled and stepped back, pointing at the man beside him to begin the introductions. "This is Chayton, our analyst."

The burly man with tattoos crawling down one whole arm nodded curtly.

"Next is Niko. He's our techy."

A tall and muscular man with possibly Asian heritage smiled and bowed formally to Savannah, "Nice to meet the little Alpha."

"And we are Talei and Tasman," the blonde girl beside him spoke up, nudging the guy beside her. "We're twins, and in charge of security around here."

"Equal parts brain and brawn," the guy wiggled his eyebrows and gave her a smouldering look while flexing his muscles. Despite Talei being shorter and petite, she had a deadly gleam in her eye that dared anyone to mess with her.

"Good to know," Savannah nodded her head. "And you are..." she began to smile at the woman next to Tasman, but was greeted with a stone wall of silence.

The tall shewolf was solid, toned arms leading to tatted hands that were shoved in the pockets of ripped jeans. Piercings graced her expressionless face, her hair cut short and dyed in streaks of purple amidst black, and her brown eyes bored into Savannah's with a murderous look. Then she bared her teeth and snarled before turning to leave the room.