4 | How To Survive

There's our infamous rogue in the image above 😍 Funny how Savannah gave up her freedom to save her pack and go with him, yet she doesn't even know his name!
Any ideas what it might be?
What do you imagine him as? 😏☺️

2196 words

A loud bang shocked the Alpha into waking up.

Black changed to bright light as her eyes snapped open. It took a moment to focus, but when her vision cleared, she tried to understand what she was seeing.

Savannah didn't know where she was, what day it was, or who had dumped her in this disorienting position. Every one of her senses was highly alert, the Alpha feeling her surroundings with everything in her arsenal.

Fluorescent lights lit the room, a workshed of sorts, with benches lining the walls and racks of tools above. It was neat, clean, and ordered. Computer monitors were on the desk directly in front of her, a laptop to the side, and an executive chair facing the back wall.

It suddenly spun around to reveal her mate, his appearance clean as if he'd just showered and changed. His scent slammed into her, making her greedy for more. Her throat felt parched, and the glass of water on his desk looked almost as good as his lips—

"Good afternoon, little Alpha," he greeted cheerfully.

Forgetting her traitorous thoughts, she snarled in response. The charming tone of his voice caused her to leap to her feet, intent on wiping the smug smirk off his face, but her body wouldn't respond. Nearly toppling forward in a loss of balance, she looked down and realised she was strapped to a chair in the centre of the room.

"I suppose you think this is funny," she glared at him, hoping the heat of her gaze would roast him since her fists couldn't.

"Hilarious," he forced a laugh, then turned back to his desk.

She craned her neck to see what he was working on, but his broad shoulders blocked her view, and a sudden jab of pain radiated down her spine.

"What did you do to me? Why is my neck hurting so bad?" She tilted her head side to side, but the unlawful pain remained in the left side of her neck. "Did you...did you knock me out in some abominable way?"

The massive rogue spared her one small glance before continuing with his work. "I pinched your neck between the collarbone and spine. I find it incapacitates someone very efficiently."

She now remembered him grabbing her by the back of the neck before everything went black. "Is it safe? What about permanent damage? I think my neck is gonna be kinked like this forever."

"Oh please," the rogue rolled his eyes, clearly annoyed with her whining. "I use it all the time in my line of work. That, or I just snap their necks," he shrugged.

"Oh right," Savannah leaned back in her chair and studied the way his hair curled around his neck, just above his shirt collar. "You just kill people like the rogue you are," she spat the words with all the disgust she was feeling, like acid burning on her tongue at the predicament she found herself in.

"Says the one who was about to tear out my throat," he replied with a mischievous grin.

"Hey! You trespassed onto my territory! And you're a rogue. I had every right to kill you."

"Every right, hm? Then why didn't you? Is there something about killing me that feels so wrong?" he got up from his chair and stalked towards her. When close enough, he trailed the tip of his index finger up her arm and across the back of her shoulders.

Savannah shivered, and it wasn't because the room was stone cold. "Although it is ingrained in my nature to hate you, I don't. You're my mate, and I would never hurt you."