tiny little things

Sirius leaned close enough to Caroline that she could feel his warm breath on her neck, sending unfamiliar shivers up her spine. "I have quidditch practice later today," Sirius whispered. His voice was low and his mouth barely moved so Professor McGonagall didn't even realize he was speaking but Caroline heard his words on a different level of clarity.

"Good luck," Caroline whispered back. Her eyes were still trained on the chalkboard but they were switching back and forth from the right side of the board to the left. Transfiguration was a fairly easy subject for most but Caroline always had trouble with the simplest things.

She copied the diagram and the paragraphs on the chalkboard, trying to understand what they meant and how to perform the spells. The words seemed to move around, something that hasn't happened to her since a child. From a young age, she was diagnosed with dyslexia but it got much easier to understand things over time. For some reason, Transfiguration was something that she was never able to unscramble.

"I think you should come see me practice again. I mean, it won't be that interesting but I think I would like it if you came," Sirius rambled on. "You could be my good luck charm or something."

Sirius let out a sigh after he finished making a fool out of himself. Caroline frowned at the moving letters on her parchment and Sirius watched her expectantly. He raked a hand through his dark locks and pretended not to care that Caroline completely ignored him.

"Care?"

Caroline's head popped up and she flashed a quick smile at Sirius, warming his heart slightly. "I'm sorry, Sirius. What did you say?" she asked politely. Caroline folded her hands in front of her and laid them on their shared desk, then turned her head towards Sirius, giving him her full attention.

"I don't know if you know this, but the Gryffindor quidditch practice are this afternoon. I wanted to know if you could come watch me," Sirius said.

Caroline did know about the practice. Remus had informed her during Potions yesterday because that would be the one time when they could have the dorms to themselves. Sirius and James would be practicing and Peter would be watching them from the stands.

"I'm sorry, I can't. I'm doing some studying for the Transfiguration exam this week. I can't fail this class again," Caroline sighed. "I failed Transfiguration 3 times."

Sirius was confused because personally, Transfiguration was his easiest subject. It was James' easiest subject and Remus' easiest subject and Peter's easiest subject so Sirius had just assumed that it was everyone's easiest subject.

"I really am sorry," Caroline added, "maybe I can come next time."

The Black boy mustered up a fake smile to please Caroline and returned his attention to his blank piece of parchment. "Yeah, next time," he muttered, knowing that 'next time' meant next month.

---------------

Caroline's eyes fluttered shut when Remus' lips made contact with hers the minute she set foot in the Marauders' dorm. The blonde couldn't see but she felt herself being pushed up against the wooden door, a warm body pressing up against hers.

The two were moving awfully fast, considering the fact that they've only been dating for a little over a week, but neither of them complained.

The sandy-haired boy felt his locks being tugged on by Caroline's thin fingers and he frustatingly grabbed both of her wrists, pinning them against the door. Remus' lips made their way to Caroline's neck and she let out a soft moan.

Remus released her hands and their lips were locked as they hurriedly stumbled to his bed. Caroline fell back onto the bed and Remus hovered over her, his blonde locks falling in front of his face. Caroline took off the light dress she had on and Remus took in the beautiful girl before him, admiring every part of her.

Caroline would've felt uncomfortable if anyone else looked at her that way but she liked when Remus did it. She couldn't explain the way she felt or the way her heart fluttered every time he glanced in her direction or the way she smiled every time she saw his eyes light up when they talked about a topic that interested him but it made her feel different.

The werewolf seemed to be frozen in his position so Caroline reached up and cupped his face, bringing it closer to her. She kissed Remus lovingly and he snapped out of his daze almost immediately and kissed back.

Remus took off his wool sweater and aggressively threw it somewhere on the floor, not really caring where it landed. He reached down to kiss Caroline again but he noticed her eyes widening. Her hand travelled from Remus' shoulders all the way down to his bare chest, running over his small scars.

He suddenly felt very self-concious about his marked skin compared to his partner's flawless and smooth skin. Remus removed himself from Caroline and hopped off the bed. Caroline propped herself upright and frowned.

"Rem, what're you doing? Come back," she demanded softly. Remus ignored her and found his wool sweater that was thrown so carelessly onto the floor. The sandy-haired boy picked it up from the ground and threw it back over his head, feeling the comfortable fabric protecting him again.

"We don't have to talk about them if you don't want to," Caroline offered. She walked over to Remus and he turned his head away so he didn't have to face the girl. He was ashamed of something he would never be able to control and it would be the reason for why he couldn't have the girl of his dreams.

Caroline took his face in both of her hands and gently turned his head so they were facing each other. "Rem, you know you can talk to me, right?" she asked.

Remus clenched his jaw and looked at the carpeted floor instead of Caroline. "I think you should go," Remus whispered in the quiet room. 

"Rem, these little scars are external. Just know that they don't change the way I feel about you," Caroline assured. "Hell, I think if you dyed your hair pink and you wore denim jackets, I would still fancy you."

Remus managed to let out a low chuckle and he finally met Caroline's blue eyes. He expected them to be filled with symathy or pity, but they were filled with love. "Do you mean that, darling?" he finally asked.

"Of course I do, Remus. Now, I can leave you to wallow by yourself or can we go back to your bed. And we don't have to resume what we were doing before if you don't feel comfortable. I can put my dress back on and we can read a book together or something. Whatever you want," Caroline offered sweetly. "Would you like me to stay, Remus?"

"Yes, I would like that."

She reached up and pecked Remus' lips gently. Remus' original smile returned and he kissed her deeply. "I must be the luckiest person in the world to have you," Remus murmured, staring into her eyes.

"I think we might have to tie for that," Caroline giggled, "because I have you."