'regulus'

Caroline walked down a familiar path through the Forbidden Forest with a checkered blanket in hand. She wore a white dress underneath her black robes and her blonde hair was loosely tied into a long braid.

Caroline reached a spot she continued to go to every month, even though the person she normally came with was gone. She reached an overhanging tree in a field of dandelions, except this time, a black dog was waiting by the tree.

The blonde set her blanket down and watched suspiciously as the thin dog awoke from his/her deep slumber.

Sirius Black had to make sure his eyes were working properly when he opened them and in front of him was the girl he longed to see after 12 years. Caroline Black.

In his dog form, he slowly trotted over to her and hesitantly stepped onto the checkered picnic blanket. Caroline welcomed the dog and began petting its fur softly.

"If I'd known you were here, I would've brought treats," Caroline cooed. "Listen, I normally come here once a month but I'll bring food here tomorrow if you stay, okay?"

The dog seemed to understand what she was saying and he nodded, moving closer to Caroline. Sirius missed her touch dearly and he wished that he could turn back into a human right now and just kiss her. But he couldn't.

Sirius opted for kissing her in his dog form and he tried to lick her cheek but Caroline just shifted away a bit. "I should get you checked for rabies," Caroline commented loftily. "Do you understand what I'm saying?"

Sirius nodded again and continued to let Caroline pet him. He laid down and flipped over, exposing his stomach. Caroline scratched his belly and Sirius wiggled around, clearly pleased with the amount of affection he was receiving. 

"You're a very smart dog," Caroline noted. "A bit dirty though. Very dirty actually."

Sirius hadn't properly showered in years so that would explain why he was covered in dirt and grime. "There are no pets allowed in the castle but I'll leave this picnic blanket for you and I'll be back tomorrow," the blonde decided. 

Sirius yipped and he wanted to say 'I love you Care' but it came out as "OWA OWA!"

"Oh shit, alright then," Caroline said, stumbling to her feet. Sirius didn't want her to leave and he nuzzled her bare leg, causing Caroline to back away even more. "What did we say? I don't know if you have rabies!"

'I don't have rabies!' Sirius shouted back, but in dog form, it came out as "RANSkDNSD BDISD!"

"Right, I am just gonna go," the Astronomy professor decided. "See you tomorrow then, doggie."

"OWA OWA!"

"Okay, okay. Uh, owa owa? I don't know what that means," Caroline fretted. "I'm gonna go before you bark at me again."

She started to walk away and Sirius tried to call to her, tell her to come back. Instead, he let out a sigh as Caroline disappeared. 

---------------

Caroline filled her food basket with all kinds of foods, soups and salads and sandwiches. It was a bit stupid when she thought about it. Would that stray really drink the soup or even touch the salad?

Luna helped Caroline fill the basket, she wanted to meet the dog as well. Luna always wanted a dog, preferably a puppy, but a stray dog would have to do. 

They finished up in the kitchens and began to walk along the path in the Forbidden Forest, which Luna was not aware of. "Where are we going, Mum?"

"Just a bit further. When I was a student at Hogwarts, I used to come here quite a bit."