valentines

Caroline always loved Valentine's Day because even if she was single, it reminded her that one day she would be like the rest of the cheesy couples in the movies. She'd hoped that now that she had Remus, they would be that cheesy couple but she was proven wrong.

The morning started out with her sitting in the Great Hall. The messenger owls started to fly in and a snowy white owl dropped a small letter on her plate of pancakes. It was a pink card with a heart in the front and labelled 'Caroline Pettigrew' on the top.

She turned to the boy next to her and smiled, only to find that he was more interested in reading his book. Caroline flipped it to the back to see 'from your secret admirer' in curly handwriting.

The blonde frowned and glanced at the redhead across from her, who had a pink bouquet of roses in front of her. Caroline held up the card with raised eyebrows, thinking that the handwriting in the back was Lily's.

Lily shrugged innocently in response, then grabbed her bouquet and threw it hard, whacking James in the head. He fell back and Sirius had to help him get up while James fixed his circular glasses on his face.

Caroline opened the card and confetti shot up into the air, almost touching the ceiling. The Pettigrew girl found herself smiling as she watched the confetti fall and she looked down on the card.

'My wish was that one day you'll be mine'

"Lily, did you send this?" Caroline asked. "I mean, I love you but not like that."

"No, I didn't send that, Care. Have you got a secret admirer?" Lily asked, wiggling her eyebrows. Before Caroline could answer, Lily reached across the table and grabbed the letter, reading its contents. "Ooohh, Caroline's got a secret admirer!!"

"Shut up!" Caroline shouted jokingly. She grabbed the letter back and looked at Remus with a small smile. "Remus, can I speak with you separately?"

"Sure," Remus agreed. They walked out of the Great Hall and found a small broom closet where no one would see them. "What did you want to talk about?"

"I wanted to thank you. I didn't know we were getting each other Valentine's Day gifts but I had one for you just in case you got me one," Caroline explained. She quickly pecked Remus' lips and pulled a small box of chocolates out of her bag.

"Thank you, darling. Although I didn't think you were that type of person so I didn't get you anything. I'm sorry," Remus apologized.

"What are you talking about? You gave me the card, didn't you?" Caroline asked.

"What card?" the sandy-haired boy asked. Caroline frowned and put her card into her tote bag so Remus couldn't see it.

"Nothing," she said. Remus' eyebrows furrowed and he wrapped his arms around Caroline's waist, making Caroline loosely hang her arms around Remus' neck to be in a comfortable position. "It's nothing, really," the blonde insisted.

"Okay," Remus replied. He leaned down and kissed her gently, letting his soft lips linger on hers without necessarily moving. The werewolf pulled away and smiled at her, although he doubted she could see him in the darkness. "I love you," he whispered hopefully.

"Yeah, I love you too."

At lunch time, Caroline hadn't expected anything else except maybe a gift from Remus if he changed his mind. But she was proven wrong again when she found a huge box of chocolates on her plate. The blonde didn't open it but she could've guessed that there were around 50 chocolates or even more.

Caroline picked up the small letter on top of the chocolate box and realized it was the same curly handwriting.

'I see forever in your eyes'