epilogue

May 16th, 2000

Caroline happily kissed Remus as he picked her up and lifted her off the ground, twirling her around. Caroline's white flowing dress flared out when he spun her and she giggled into the kiss as Remus set her down.

Little colorful flowers, mostly pink daisies, were littered around their small cottage that they bought together. The place was very tiny but very homey, and it always smelled of blueberry muffins with a dash of cinnamon.

Their house was on top of a grassy hill with constant cool summers, the clouds normally covering the skies so it was cool on some days and hot on others. They lived in the middle of nowhere, miles away from any civilization, so Remus could transform without having to worry about neighbors hearing and they could dance in meadows without judgement from their peers.

The timer went off and Caroline drifted over to their refrigerator, where she took out a small light pink cake. They decided to do some baking together today, which was mostly Remus because Caroline hadn't the faintest idea of what to do.

Caroline held the plate with the cake on it eagerly and left their house while Remus opened a wooden drawer and grabbed a knife to cut the cake. He followed her out to a nice blue and black checkered blanket with an assortment of foods and drinks.

The woman with flowers intertwined in her golden locks put the cake in the center and Remus sat down across from her. Remus cut the small cake and put two slices of cake onto two plates, passing one to Caroline. 

"How is the cake, Mrs. Lupin?" Remus teased, still overjoyed about the fact that they were married. He always dreamed about getting the girl and now he finally had her and he wasn't going to let her go like had years ago.

Caroline took a bit and immediately scrunched her nose up. "We did good, Mr. Lupin," Caroline lied while bringing the napkin to her lips so Remus couldn't see her spit it out. 

She didn't want to hurt Remus' feelings but they still couldn't cook more complicated things than pancakes, not that she was complaining. She loved eating pancakes and perfectly heated Eggo waffles.

Remus took a bit and had the same expression on his face that Caroline tried so hard to cover up. "You're a liar," he scoffed, spitting his cake into his own napkin.

"It's a good thing we have cosmic brownies then," Caroline commented, passing him the sugar-infested treat. Remus washed the terrible sour taste of their cake down with some Butterbeer and he smiled as he opened the cosmic brownie. 

"I still can't believe we're married," Remus exclaimed happily. "We're married! We're a married couple!"

"We are married!" Caroline agreed, just stating facts but matching Remus' excitement. "God, I wish we could stay married forever."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Well, I assume, once we die, we'll be reincarnated and then we won't be married anymore and we'll have to find each other all over again and get married again!" Caroline complained with a smile. "But we might not even be reincarnated in the same timeline and we might not even be soulmates in that timeline!"

Remus let out a relieved sigh. He thought she meant that she was going to divorce him and leave him all alone but Caroline was just going on one of her afterlife spews. "Remember in Divination when we were finding the initials of our soulmates?" Remus asked.

"Yeah," Caroline nodded. "What about it?"

"I'm starting to think that Divination basically predicted that we were soulmates. You got the letter 'L' and I got 'A'," the sandy-haired man explained. "Your birth name was Alexandra."

"Maybe we are soulmates," Caroline gasped dramatically, causing Remus to playfully roll his eyes.

"I'm being serious, darling," Remus huffed. "I thought you believed in it too."

"Professor Trelawney told me I was a Seer. It's a bunch of crap," Caroline opposed. She knew it wasn't a load of crap. She saw everything and she knew everything that was going to happen in her future ever since she was sixteen. Caroline just didn't want to believe it until now. 

"Well, don't worry because even if you didn't believe in it, I'd still love you," Remus said. He told her that he loved her a lot, as many times as he possibly could, and he thought that Caroline would get annoyed with it eventually but she always had to same response.

Caroline moved over so she was next to Remus instead of being across from him and he turned to face her as she wrapped her arms around his neck, bringing him into a soft but sweet kiss. Remus leaned forward a bit, not wanting the kiss to end, but Caroline pulled away and Remus was more content than he could ever be. They smiled at each other happily, both of them more happy than ever, and Caroline said the words he always longed to hear.

"I love you too."

a/n: i hope you enjoy this story and vote on it! i'm writing another wattpad called 'epic love', which is a james potter love story. it's going to be shorter and less messy so it's like a sweet 10-15 part story. check my profile for it! xx