reckless things

"GRYFFINDOR WINS 300-120!"

Caroline's entire group of friends besides James and Sirius jumped into the air excitedly and the Gryffindor stands burst into applause. Caroline hugged Lily tightly and Remus high-fived Peter harshly. "You know what that means!" Marlene shouted.

"Gryffindor party in the common room tonight!" Remus announced loudly. He was so happy that the full moon was over and he was in desperate need to get drunk as fuck.

---------------

"Caroline, as much as I would like to stay here all night, with you..." Remus looked at the girl he loved softly and smiled. "I really want to go to the party."

"Okay," Caroline finally agreed. "Just don't get too drunk." Remus' smile grew and he quickly pecked the warm lips that he'd grown so familiar with over the past months.

"Yes! Okay, I won't, I promise. I'm gonna go now and I will see you down there," Remus said in excitement. The blonde nodded and Remus pecked her lips one more time, then practically rolled off of Caroline's bed and onto the floor.

The werewolf quickly got to his feet, the smell of alcohol from the Gryffindor common room powering him. He threw on his comfy wool sweater and Caroline watched the sixteen year old who was acting like a child.

He practically sprinted to the door and turned around when his hand touched the cold metal of the doorknob. "I almost forgot. 3 days until we go public," Remus reminded. "And also, I love you."

"I love you too," Caroline said happily. Remus smiled sweetly at her, then opened the door and closed it behind him. Caroline could practically hear his loud footsteps going down the stairs at a rapid pace and she giggled to herself.

10 minutes later, Lily barged into their dorm and slammed the door aggressively. She dropped her bag by the door and flopped onto Caroline's bed with a loud sigh. Caroline didn't even have to ask what the problem was because the redhead had already started rambling.

"I came back from studying and I saw James flirting with some other girl at the party! I'm not saying that I fancy him but I got this unsettling feeling in my stomach when I saw him flirting with her and I did not like that feeling!" Lily screamed hotly. "I repeat, I did not like the feeling!"

"I think you did," Caroline laughed. "I think you are finally starting to fancy James."

"What?" Lily gawked. "No! Ew! Never! I will never fancy James!"

"Okay, so let's say you don't, let's say you do. Either way, do you want to dress up and look super hot and then go down there and flirt with some guy to make him angry?" the blonde asked. Lily turned to her best friend and sadly nodded, disappointed in herself that she was actually smitten by the Gryffindor Chaser. "Well then let's go! Up!"

Caroline hopped out of her bed and Lily followed her to the closet shortly after. The Pettigrew girl began looking through both of their dresses until she settled on a tight light pink dress for Lily and a loose dark red one for herself.

They both changed in front of each other, not really caring about the fact that they were mostly naked. Caroline finished changing and sat in the chair in front of their vanity. She did a simple spell for her hair to make it curly and Lily did her make-up.

Then, they switched and Lily did her own make-up while Caroline cast a different spell on her red hair so it fell into small waves. The redhead finally finished with her make-up and stood next to Caroline. "We look good," Lily remarked.

"We do," the Pettigrew girl agreed. "Now let's go so you can make James wish he didn't exist." Her best friend nodded happily and they linked arms, leaving the safety of their dorm. The smell of alcohol and the booming music overcame Caroline's senses.