grounded

Dearest Lily-flower,

It is I, the love of your life, James Fleamont Potter. Before you burn this letter and start writing back about how James is an arrogant toerag, it's actually not James! It's me, Caroline. So please don't rant about it in your letter back to me. Sorry if I think it's funny to pretend to be the love of your life. I wish I could visit. Mum's grounded me for two months because Peter ratted me out. It was a simple memory charm, honestly. Peter has his friends over today and Mum's leaving the house so I was thinking I might have the chance to sneak out. If I show up at your doorstep before you get this letter, you'll know why. Because I sneaked out. Just in case it wasn't clear. Anyways, I hope to see you soon.

Love,

Caroline

Caroline sealed the letter with some wax and tied it to the leg of the Pettigrew owl, Peter Jr. When the Pettigrews bought him a couple years ago, Peter decided to name it after himself because he's so 'high and mighty'.

"Bring this to Lily Evans," Caroline ordered. The owl gave a small nod and Caroline opened the window widely, letting him fly out into the wind. Caroline walked over to her bedroom exit and pressed her ear against the wooden door, hoping to eavesdrop on Mum's and Peter's conversation. Her father already left for work so Caroline didn't consider him a problem.

Caroline heard Peter's muffled voice and the closing of a door, signifying that her mother left. Caroline rushed towards her closet and picked out a nice outfit, consisting of blue jeans and a red sweater.

Caroline quickly changed and pressed her ear against the door once again, listening for the Marauders to come. Not long after, she heard their obnoxiously loud voices in the living room, probably from Flooing in.

Their footsteps became closer to Caroline, then drifted away in the opposite direction, which meant they went from the living room to Peter's room. Caroline opened her bedroom door and silently crept down the stairs, into the living room.

In a puff of smoke, Remus appeared in front of her. He looked the same, wearing the usual grey wool sweater and khakis. His hair grew an inch or two longer over the summer but Caroline liked it a bit. It was floppy and fluffy at the same time. Floofy.

Remus opened his mouth to talk but Caroline put her finger on her lips, signalling for him to be quiet. He closed his mouth and she smiled gratefully. Remus probably wasn't aware of her situation and Caroline decided to take advantage of that.

His brown eyes went straight to Caroline's hair but he didn't make a comment on it because she wanted him to be quiet. Caroline moved over to the fireplace and grabbed some of the Floo powder. Remus left to go find Peter and Caroline let out a small breath. Clearly but quietly, she spoke out Lily's address and threw the powder onto the floor.

"Wormtail, where's your sister?" Sirius asked. The entire reason for why Sirius suggested they hang out at Peter's house was to see Caroline but no one needed to know of those intentions. He hadn't seen the beautiful girl all summer and he hoped to talk to her.

"In her room," Peter answered. "She's been stuck in her room for weeks now. I accidentally told Mum what she did with Snivellous and Mum grounded her for two whole months."

"Oh. I'm going to use the loo," Sirius announced suddenly, standing up from his spot in Peter's room. He left the rest of the Marauders and cautiously walked down the hall, knocking on every door quietly.

After he knocked on each door and asked if she was in there, he got no response. Then, he opened the doors just to check. Sirius hoped the door at the end of the hall was Caroline's room because he went through all the other rooms.