she's the one

"Happy Anniversary," Sirius said. He kissed his girlfriend on the lips and Caroline felt so guilty for not telling him about how she was with Remus. She didn't want to hurt him and she still loved Sirius but it was nothing compared to how she loved Remus.

The only problem was Remus' and Sirius' relationship. Caroline felt like she was getting in the way of that and dropping Sirius for Remus would make it even worse. Their friendship would vanish.

"Happy Anniversary," Caroline replied once they parted.

"I got you something," Sirius said. He handed her a decent sized box and she carefully lifted the cover to reveal a small bottle.

"Perfume," Caroline noted. She smiled and kissed Sirius' cheek nicely. "Thank you. I got you something too. Come on."

She stood and held Sirius' hand, pulling him towards the Forbidden Forest. Eventually, they reached the edge of the forest, Hagrid's hut to be exact. They walked to the back and Sirius' grey eyes widened significantly.

"You didn't," he breathed out. "Care, where did you get the money for this?"

The two started walking closer to his gift and Sirius ran his free hand across the item. "When my father died, he left me the Pettigrew vault, which is blood insane because it should've been Peter. But it turns out, there's a lot of money in our vault," Caroline giggled. "Do you like it?"

"Do I like it?" Sirius repeated in awe, still looking at the motorcycle. "I love it." He turned to Caroline and kissed her deeply, picking her up and twirling her around in the process. Caroline laughed into the kiss and Sirius finally put her down.

"Now I feel awful for only getting you perfume," the Black boy admitted. Caroline stood on the tips of her toes and kissed him again gently.

"Well I love the perfume," the blonde stated, calming Sirius' nerves. Remus couldn't hear their conversation but he watched the couple from a distance. He stuffed his hands in the pockets of his baggy sweatpants and he could tell by Caroline's body language that she still loved Sirius, no matter how terribly he treated her.

Remus trudged to the Prefects bathroom with his head hung low and he locked the door behind him. He walked over to the nearest wall and leaned his back on the cold tiled wall, bending his knees and sinking down until he was sitting on the floor.

The sandy-haired boy brought his legs to his chest and leaned his forehead against his knees, wrapping his arms around his entire self. A voice started to ring in his head, a voice he'd managed to suppress ever since his friends started to become Animagus with him.

You're just going to disappoint them all over again.

"Stop it," Remus whispered. "Go away."

You're going to kill them, all of them.

"I won't," the werewolf retorted.

"Are you alright?" a female voice asked. Remus' head perked up and he was faced by a girl in pigtails, who looked around his age, except for the fact that she was a light blue translucent. "No one else is here and you seem to be talking to someone," she informed him.

"Just dandy, Myrtle," Remus replied. He dropped his head again and closed his eyes, letting the darkness surround him.

"What happened to that girl you used to bring in here?" Myrtle asked, being nosy as ever. "Were you talking to her just now?"

"I wasn't talking to her. I wasn't talking to anyone," the werewolf scowled. "As for the girl, she's in love with some other lad now. I think... I think I might hurt her."