decisions

Caroline tried not to think about it too much but her mind always seemed to drift back to Remus. He was right, in a way. She was scared to love again. Ever single time she fell in love, it just led to more and more heartbreak and she didn't know if she could handle it again.

Even after all this time, she wasn't fixed. She was still broken. The time didn't help her heal, it just taught her how to deal with it and cover it.

Days passed and Remus had decided not to approach her, to just give her time to think things through. His decision was smart because Caroline finally figured out what she wanted.

She wanted to be with him.

Caroline finished her Astronomy lesson and let her students off early. She gathered her things rather quickly and made her way to Remus' office. 

She knew she should've probably dropped her things off at her own office first but she was tired of wasting time, she'd already done enough of that. She wanted to get to him as soon as possible and tell him how she felt, what she was thinking. Caroline knocked on the door nervously.

"Remus, it's me, Caroline," she called. No response.

"Care, what're you doing here?" a voice asked from behind her. Caroline spun around quickly and turned to see Severus.

"I've come to see Remus. What're you doing here?" Caroline shot back. 

Severus held up a small potion. "Wolfsbane potion. His transformation is tonight," he informed. "Not like I wanted to make the potion anyways since he's such an arse." Severus urgently knocked on the door and raised his voice. "Lupin, open up. I've got your stupid wolfsbane. You're welcome by the way, no need to pay me back or anything, not like you would've anyways, you ungrateful bitch."

No response. "Ugh this bitch," Severus snarled before throwing the door open.

There was no one in the office. Severus stormed over to Remus' desk and realized that there seemed to be an open moving map on it. Remus Lupin was headed toward the Whomping Willow.

It just so happened that the Shrieking Shack had many dots on them. Each labelled with the names of stupid, stupid Gryffindors. "You've got to be kidding me," Caroline huffed as she hovered over the map. "Harry's such an idiot. Wait, is that..."

"Sirius Black," Severus breathed out. "Oh, I am so getting them in trouble!" 

"You will do no such thing!" Caroline shouted. 

Severus eagerly grabbed the map and Caroline dropped all her possessions as she sprinted after him and towards the Whomping Willow. Both of them knew how to get to the Whomping Willow and Caroline threw a small pebble.

"The only reason why I'm following you is for Harry-"

"Sure, not because you're in love with Loony Lupin," Severus rolled his eyes.

"I am not! That's not the point! We've got to hurry because it's a full moon tonight," Caroline reminded him. Severus rolled his eyes again, not really caring if Lupin tore him to pieces. It would put him out of his misery, wouldn't it? Of course, Lupin would probably have to live with the guilt but he should be able to make that sacrifice since he's been bullying Severus at his time in Hogwarts.

They hurried down the passageway and hurried up the stairs of the Shrieking Shack as they heard distant screaming. From the top of the stairs, Caroline could see Sirius with his wand out.

She didn't want to believe what she was hearing that he really was here. His clothes were all dirty and his appearance was disheveled, but Caroline assumed it must've been because he's been in Azkaban for years.