hogsmeade

"Care, what the fuck are you doing?" Lily asked, pulling the girl back into their shared dorm.

"Leaving to go to Hogsmeade?" Caroline asked, wondering where else she could possibly go.

"Dressed like that?" Lily spluttered, eyeing Caroline's floral flared pants and grey hoodie. Lily had to admit, the outfit looked good on Caroline when she didn't try but it wasn't good enough for a date. "If I remember correctly, you have a date with the Jeremy Wood."

"It's not a date," the blonde insisted. "We're just hanging out alone."

Lily hummed in response, pretending to agree with Caroline. "Okay, but hear me out. Wouldn't it be better if we just fix you up a bit?" Lily suggested. Caroline didn't fight and sat on her bed as Lily rummaged through both of their closets.

After 10 minutes or so, Lily tossed a light pink dress at Caroline, which the blonde barely caught before it could hit the ground. "After you change, we're doing your makeup!" Lily squealed.

Caroline quickly changed while talking to Lily at the same time. "So what are you going to be doing at Hogsmeade?" Caroline pondered.

"Oh, well Severus and I are going together. We haven't talked in a while so I thought we should catch up," Lily answered. Caroline bit her lip in thought, knowing what was going to happen as the end of their school year neared because she saw it in her crystal ball. The blonde took a seat at the vanity as Lily got to work on her make-up.

"If you ever get bored, you can join Jeremy and I," Caroline offered. "We'll probably be at The Three Broomsticks or Honeydukes."

"And intrude on your date?" Lily gawked. "I could never. Besides, I'm perfectly content with hanging out with Severus."

"I'm sure Jeremy wouldn't mind though," Caroline replied.

"He definitely would. He's just too kind to say anything," Lily giggled, causing Caroline to giggle as well. "Alright, make-up is done. Now twirl."

Caroline giddily hopped out of her seat, much more excited than she was 20 minutes ago due to Lily's pestering and words of encouragement. She twirled around and her pastel pink dress flowed with her. "Perfect!" Lily exclaimed.

---------------

Sirius and Remus sat next to each other in the booth, both scowling at Jeremy Wood from a distance. Across the room of The Three Broomsticks sat Caroline and Jeremy, who were both smiling and laughing.

Sirius wasn't aware of Remus' long-lasting love for Caroline and Remus wasn't aware of Sirius' growing crush for the same girl. They both intently eyed the Gryffindor Keeper like they were about to Avada Kedavra him.

Peter and James sat next to each other across the other two but neither paid much attention. James was glumly staring at the door, hoping that Lily would happen to come in and walk over to him and ask him to marry him but his wishful thinking was just too wishful. Peter licked his lips, gazing at Sirius' and Remus' untouched Butterbeers.

"Are you guys gonna drink that?" Peter asked.

Remus blinked and turned to Peter. "Huh? Oh, no."

The sandy-haired boy passed his Butterbeer to Peter, who slurped it happily. "What are you guys even staring at?" Peter asked. Sirius blinked and turned away from the stupid couple, pushing his Butterbeer towards Peter.

"Nothing, Wormtail."

James finally stopped glaring at the door and turned to Peter. "They're both staring at your sister with Wood," James mindlessly answered, ignoring the boys' glares.

"Oh, my sister's here?" Peter realized, turning his head to see his sister. Jeremy's eyes kept shifting towards the Marauders, where two out of the four boys looked like they wanted to kill him. Caroline didn't seem to notice this because she was chatting with Jeremy but he noticed. He constantly tapped the side of his Butterbeer cup, hoping that the scary 5th years would go away.

"I think your brother and his friends are watching us," Jeremy said after a bit of silence. Caroline turned her pretty head and smiled at the four boys, causing Remus to swoon slightly. Jeremy admired her side profile and wondered how someone can be so perfect, even from the side.

Caroline faced Jeremy again and smiled softly. "Peter's just watching out for me, that's all. Are you uncomfortable with it?" Caroline asked, her dark eyebrows furrowing at the thought of Jeremy being unhappy.

Jeremy shook his head, trying to reassure her. "No, it's fine, really. Why don't we just go to Honeydukes now?" Jeremy suggested. Caroline's concerned face was replaced with a bright smile and Jeremy couldn't help but smile back.

"Yeah, that would be nice," Caroline said. They both slid out of the both and Caroline grabbed Jeremy's warm hand, leading him out of the pub. Caroline and Jeremy walked along the busy streets of Hogsmeade, ignoring all the stares and glares that were thrown in their direction.

Jeremy held the door open for them and Caroline's senses immediately filled with the chocolatey smell. Her eyes brightened slightly at the aisles and aisles of endless chocolates and sweets surrounding her.

The blonde walked around and finally settled on two packages of moving gummy worms and two chocolates. She put the candies on the desk and pulled out her pouch of money as the cashier bagged her sweets. "Oh, you don't have to pay, dear," the cashier said kindly. "There was a nice boy who already paid for you. He's waiting outside."

Caroline beamed at the lovely cashier. "Thank you ma'am. Have a nice day," she replied. Caroline threw her blonde hair over her shoulder and grabbed the brown paper bag off the counter. She went outside only to be greeted by someone that wasn't Jeremy.

"Oh," Caroline realized. "You were the one that paid."

"Yeah," Sirius grinned. "Listen, Care, I don't think Jeremy's good for you."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Caroline asked, suddenly feeling self-conscious.

"Nothing," the Black boy shrugged. "I just think you could be doing much better things with your time."

"Like what? Do you suggest I take up knitting again?"

Sirius laughed at her unintentional joke and kicked a pebble on the ground. "Care, you're much better than Jeremy Wood. You deserve someone better than Jeremy Wood," Sirius suggested.

"What's wrong with Jeremy?" Caroline asked, blinking in confusion. Sirius cocked his head to the side and his grin grew even wider.

"You're adorable, do you know that?"

Before Caroline could respond, she heard the bell hanging from the Honeydukes door ring out and she turned around. Jeremy's soft, brown eyes landed on the girl and he frowned slightly. "What're you doing out here, Caroline?"

"Oh, I was just talking with..." Caroline trailed off as she turned back around and the spot where Sirius once stood was now empty.

"Are you feeling alright?" Jeremy asked, reaching out to touch her forehead to check for a fever. The back of his hand made contact with her forehead and she pulled away abruptly.

"I'm fine, Jer. Do you wanna head back to Hogwarts now?"