good luck charm

Caroline sat in the stands with Lily and Remus politely pushed through the people as he took the saved seat next to Caroline. "What're you wearing, darling?" Remus asked.

Caroline frowned and looked down at the clothes she had on. She was wearing a simple white dress that was a bit tight on her so it showed her small curves, making her come off more as an angel than an actual person.

She also had on a quidditch jacket and black 4-inch wedges and her hair was braided with tulips poking out of the long braid. Caroline picked this outfit herself and if she was being honest with herself, she liked it. "What's wrong with my outfit?" she countered.

"There's nothing wrong with it. I'm talking about the jacket," Remus said. "Where did you get that jacket?" Remus leaned back in his chair and peered at Sirius' last name and the Gryffindor emblem on the back.

Caroline tugged at the sleeves of the quidditch jacket so they covered her hands. "Sirius gave it to me so I could wear it to the match. He says I'm his 'good luck charm'," Caroline quoted giddily.

"Why didn't he ask someone else to wear it?"

Caroline's previous smile faded and was replaced with a small frown. She'd always wanted to be someone's good luck charm and the fact that it was one of her closest friends made the situation even better so she didn't understand why Remus was acting like that. "If I'm his good luck charm, that means that I have to wear the jacket," Caroline frowned.

"Why couldn't he just pick someone else as his good luck charm?" Remus pestered. Caroline wasn't aware of Sirius' crush and Remus didn't plan on her ever finding out.

"I don't know, Remus," she sighed. "Can you just let it be? The game's about to start." The blonde returned her attention to the field as players dressed in red and yellow started walking out of the locker rooms.

"Welcome to the first quidditch match of the term!" John Jordan spoke into his wand that turned into a make-shift microphone and his voice boomed throughout the stands. "First up, we have the Gryffindors! Introducing our amazing Captain, Frank Longbottom!"

The Gryffindor player in the front of the line of boys waved to the crowds and everyone applauded. "Next up, we have our star Chaser, James Potter!" John Jordan shouted into the mic.

Peter stood from his seat next to Remus and his banner showed 'POTTER'S #1 FAN' and Remus shook his head in disappointment. James waved into the crowd and winked when he saw Lily, who just rolled her eyes but continued cheering. "Gryffindor's princess Chaser, Alice Fortescue!"

A short brunette girl waved her hand eagerly at the Gryffindor stands, which clapped in return. Frank turned his head and smiled fondly at the girl, who returned the smile eagerly.

"And our 3rd Chaser, Cormac McLaggen!" A curly-haired blonde waved to the stands and he received cheers but not as many as the others had.

"Now, let's get to our Beaters! First up, we have Sirius Black!" Peter stood again and flipped the banner over so it read 'BLACK'S #1 FAN' and Remus shook his head again, wincing from second-hand embarrassment. Sirius saw the banner and searched the people next to Peter until his grey eyes landed on the beautiful girl of his dreams two seats away.

Caroline clapped her hands and waved at him, causing Sirius to wave back. "DID YOU GUYS JUST SEE THAT?!" a girl from behind Caroline screeched. "SIRIUS BLACK JUST WAVED AT ME!"

Caroline thought about telling the girl that Sirius actually waved at her but then decided against it because she wasn't ready to face Sirius' fanclub yet. The blonde turned back around and the commentator, John, had finished announcing the Gryffindors and moved onto the Hufflepuffs.

---------------

A euphoric girl ran onto the quidditch field and didn't bother to pick up the flowers that fell out of her braid. If she thought it would cause pollution, she would've picked them back up but the flowers disintegrated the second they touched the grass.

She tackled Sirius with a tight hug and he was so tired from flying around for hours that he was knocked backwards and they both fell to the ground. The sweaty Beater let out a low chuckle and Caroline scrambled off of him, both of them getting to their feet. "You did amazing!" Caroline gushed.

"Only because you were in the stands," Sirius said modestly. "You should be my official good luck charm."

Caroline's ocean eyes widened and her smile grew. "Really?" she asked, her lofty voice floating through Sirius' ears like music.

Sirius laughed and cupped her face gently, taking Caroline by surprise. She didn't move away because she didn't want to come off as rude so she stayed still. His dark grey eyes searched hers and she pursed her lips together skeptically. "Yeah."

Sirius wanted so badly to kiss the girl in front of him and confess his undying love for her but he wouldn't do that without her consent or unless she'd make the first move but Caroline stayed frozen in her spot. He frowned to himself and removed his hand from her face and it fell back to his side.

"I gotta go to the locker room and get ready for the party," Sirius mumbled.

"Wait, let me give you your jacket back now," Caroline said while shaking the jacket off. She held it by the neckline and waited for him to take it back.

"Keep it," Sirius insisted. "It looks better on you anyways." Caroline didn't argue and slipped the jacket back on, the soft inside fabric rubbing against her bare arms. Sirius picked his broom up from the grass and walked in the direction of the locker rooms.

--------------

"The Map never lies," Sirius insisted. The three Marauders, James, Sirius, and Remus crowded around a small piece of parchment. The slip of parchment was filled with an intricate diagram of the school of Hogwarts and they watched the one dot walking around in an empty corridor.

"There's no way," Remus scoffed. "I think we would know if one of our closest friends changed her name." He blinked again and again, hoping that the name would change to Caroline and he would be correct.

Someone opened the door and Sirius was the only one to lift his head to see the newcomer. Sirius waved Peter over, who immediately rushed to his side. "Is that her real name?" Sirius asked him.

Peter peered over the map with swirly but neat handwriting, curtesy of Remus, on it and watched the singular dot moving. "Yeah, she had it changed when she was little. Caroline hated her old name," Peter said.

"There's no way," Remus repeated. "The only name that would fit her is Caroline. I don't see it any other way."

"How come she never told us?" James asked.

"She probably didn't think it was important," Peter shrugged. He sat on his bed and pulled a candy bar out from his pockets. The Pettigrew boy unwrapped his candy and began munching on it. "Can we not talk about my sister? I feel like all we do these days is talk about my sister."

"That's because your sister's interesting," Sirius said. He tapped the parchment with his wand and muttered, "mischief mismanaged."

The ink seeped off the paper and started to disappear until it looked like an old piece of parchment again. Sirius folded up the map neatly and put it into his coat pocket. The rest of the Marauders returned to their respective beds and did nothing. But at least they did nothing together.