chapter twenty-three

The whispers and murmuring stopped at once as a slap landed on someone's cheek. Gasps and shock filled the room as they all stared at Mawra with wide eyes.

"How dare you!" the woman growled at Mawra, with venom-filled eyes but was silenced with another hard slap.

"How much did I charge for a night huh?" Mawra clenched her fist tightly, stopping herself from not hitting this vile woman again. She never raised her hands on someone throughout her twenty-four years of life but the woman in front of her has provoked her in the worst way possible.

The freaking irony was, the lady who used religion card for accusing her of adultery was the one who used such disgusting words. Talk about double standards.

"Aren't you ashamed? Being a Muslim and judging someone without knowing anything?" Mawra spat with rage-filled eyes. The woman had no answer to that, as she rubbed her burning cheeks with tearful eyes. The slap was painful, no jokes.

There was only a pin drop of silence as everyone looked on, eyeing each other and then at her. She was glaring at all those commenters, with a clenched jaw.

"You bastard! I can't believe I was ever friends with you. I can't believe you've stooped so low. When did I ever say that I liked you, huh?" a punch was landed on Adnan's face as he stumbled back on his foot with wide eyes. For a girl, she punches damn hard.

"Be a man and learn to face rejection, Adnan. I was never interested in you. Neither in the past nor will I ever be. You know what... I'm going to teach you a freaking lesson. A good lesson which you'll never forget. You're fired! Get out of my sight." Mawra muttered with furious eyes, making his eyes go wide in shock because only he knew what power she actually held in this office.

Adnan never thought she'd go this far, all he expected was for her to break down. He intentionally said so many things to Zara knowing the news will definitely pass, hoping that it will break her down, it will cause her humiliation just like he faced that day. Not this punching and firing shit.

"The mistress gets the power to fire also, huh. Interesting." Zara rolled her eyes in disbelief, and now Mawra turned to her.

"Oh, Zara Khan. I'm firing your sorry a** for disrespecting your boss' wife and for trash talking about her."

Zara's face paled at the insult, she came forward to hit her angrily but was stopped, "I wouldn't do that If I were you. You're fired. Just leave before I do something worse." Mawra snapped at her whilst twisting her hands and pushing her away, which landed her on the floor with force.

Zara has never been so insulted before. What goes around, comes around after all.

The staffs were too shocked by hearing the word boss' wife to help Zara stand up. While she got up with a huff and threw daggers at Mawra.

"Boss' wife?" murmurs and whispers increased as everyone passed each other with curious, shocked looks.

"Yes! The CEO's wife, that's who I am." Mawra rolled her eyes as she declared her relationship with Ibrahim loudly, for everyone to hear.

She should have done this a long time ago. But learned her lesson in the hard way possible. This is going to be one of those incidents which Mawra will be regretting all her life. You learn from your mistakes and Mawra vowed to never let her fears get into her again. Because all of this was caused ultimately due to her fear of being subjected to office gossips.

Zara and everyone else except Adnan was left speechless for a second as they tried to process everything. 

"Why should we believe you?" a guy raised his brows with a smug look on his face.