chapter two

"It's not like I'm sixty years or something," Ibrahim whined at his mother, who was always complaining about his age and the need to get hitched soon.

"Shut up, Rahim. You don't understand. In a few months, you'll be turning thirty years old and by the time you decide to get married and have your child, you'll be turning god knows what. And by the time your child will turn ten or something, you'll already be an old man. Who will play with my poor grandchild then? Don't you ever think about that?" Salika Qureshi huffed angrily. Adamant on getting her son married at every cost.

"Woah. Woah. Woah. Dramatic much?" he gave his mother an amused look.

"Don't you remember how Ameen used to complain when dad didn't play with him?" that shut him up somehow and Ibrahim began to ponder over it.

Ameen was his twenty years old, younger brother. By the time he was ten their father was already forty-six years old and the poor guy would always cry about their dad not playing enough with him like the other kid's father of his age.

Ibrahim was lucky enough to have a healthy and active father, who played with him and took an active part in his life as he grew up. But that was not the case with his brother, Ameen, because their dad started to become weak after turning forty. And maybe his mother was right. Its about time he got married and settled in his life. What if his child faced the same fate as well? He can't let that happen for he knew how bad that could turn up.

"Fine, I'll marry, mom." Ibrahim sighed dramatically, making his mother beam in happiness. He has to someday. Maybe it was time.

"I know you'll agree." clapping her hands excitedly, Salika continued, "Okay good. Go and get ready quickly. We should go and see your probable future wife."

"I have some important meeting to attend, mom. Let it be in the evening." he groaned at his mother, who frowned at him but agreed anyway. It was a shocker that he agreed to see this girl so quickly.

"But you should be home by noon, we are going to eat lunch at their place. We can't prolong it till evening." Salika added in a stern voice, and Ibrahim nodded his head reluctantly. It wasn't like he had any choice anyway.

"I'm leaving then." taking his car keys, Ibrahim left the living room with annoyance written all over his face. His mother however seemed so unfazed. All she could see was her son's marriage and his happy future.

***

His mind couldn't think of anything else after the conversation he had with his mother, she seems really serious this time and there was no way that he will escape her emotional blackmails. He had no idea how they let him be single for twenty-nine years. But he had to settle down this year, an exasperated sigh left his mouth when his p.a. knocked at his door and placed his usual coffee on the table.

Ibrahim asked her about the meeting which he already knew was going to be held at twelve, whilst replying to few emails distractedly. To which she replied about the same. That ultimately reminded him of the lunch he's supposed to have with his possible future wife.

"Okay, then. You can leave after that. I have some personal work to do." Ibrahim grimaced at the word personal, but his assistant's face lit up in surprise and happiness. He can understand why, after all the works he makes her do, she never complained nor took any leave.

Mawra Hussian was the best personal assistant he has had so far. She'd tolerate all his bullshits like it was nothing and works so efficiently. Definitely, his favourite employee who never looked at him as anything other than the boss.

He had trouble with all other assistants ogling at him way too much. At some point, he planned on hiring only male assistants and then came his lifesaver, Mawra Hussain. She's perfect at what she does and he was glad that he has hired her. Not to forget her coffees, they're literally the best of all.