chapter ten

"You better take good care of her." 

Ibrahim gulped nervously as his brother in law practically threatened him in front of his whole family, Ameen snorted from behind enjoying this whole scenario. No one talks the way Ahil is talking with his older brother, he might as well enjoy this once in a blue moon happening. And clearly, his brother also looked intimidated by Ahil. What a sight it was for him. 

"Or else... I won't say it now. You'll learn it later on when you hurt her." Ahil glared at Ibrahim, as Mawra hugged her brother emotionally. She smiled in between her tears and broke the hug with a pout, "I'll miss you." 

"Not more than me," Ahil muttered whilst fighting away from his tears. The ruksathi (sending off ceremony) has been more emotional than they've expected it to be. He tried his best not to break down. He has been sulking in his bedroom the whole day not able to believe the fact that his sister was getting married today. 

Mawra has always been his favourite sister and he loved her beyond imagination and having to see her leave was making him feel miserable, but he pretended to be strong and cool for the sake of his sister but everyone could see through his facade.  

"Take care of her, Ibrahim." Akram Hussain said to his son-in-law in a weak voice, while his wife was a crying mess. Mahira tried her best to console her mother when she herself was feeling devastated with Mawra's ruksathi. 

"I will, uncle." Ibrahim assured him with a small nod and walked towards Ahil and Mawra, who then gave his sister's hands to him, "remember what I told you." Mawra chuckled in between her tears as her husband held her hands in his, more tears threatened to leave her eyes as he guided her to his car. 

Mawra controlled herself from not crying more as she sat in the car and looked at her family through the windows, "Allah Hafiz!" she whispered to them with a sad smile as Ibrahim joined her in and held her hands once again, she felt shivers down her spine every time he did that.

Her hands fit perfectly with his, as though it was made for him to hold. That gesture has always been so comforting and she was glad that he's trying to be there for her.  

"You can visit them whenever you want. They're literally just an hour away." he wiped her tears away with one hand while the other one squeezed hers, trying to assure her that he's there for her, she blinked her eyes in response. 

 "Shall we start the car?" Ameen asked from the driver seat and Ibrahim eyed his wife, before nodding in yes. He felt her body collapse onto him as the car started. She waved at her family until they were visible to her eyes and hiccupped as they came to the main road away from the hotel. 

"Bhabhi, water." Ameen passed her the water bottle from the driver's seat as he drove the car, "look at the road, idiot." Ibrahim snatched the bottle and gave it to her while glaring at his careless brother, his eyes softened when he eyed her again. She drank it uninterestedly and looked out of the window and remained silent throughout the ride. 

Ibrahim just lets her be but continued to hold her hands throughout the time. She didn't pull away or showed any kind of discomfort at that for which he was glad because he liked the feeling of holding her hands. Kind of weird. But still, he liked that. 

***

"You call this a house?" Mawra asked in amazement as she eyed the mansion in front of her, which her husband called his house. It looked like a freaking palace. So big in size! They just reached Ibrahim's place a minute ago and her jaw dropped as soon as she stepped out of the car and stood at their porch. 

By now, she has composed herself and was trying her best to embrace the new relationships and lifestyle. It looked like she'd need some time to adapt though. Why did a family of four members need this big house? Typical rich people, she rolled her eyes mentally.