chapter twenty-one

A few days later.

That feeling of contentment when Ibrahim realized there's someone else apart from him, to love his family and to take care of them, warmed his heart. He couldn't describe that feeling in words. He has always been a busy child, first with studies and now with his job. It has been a difficult task for him to spare extra time for his family. Even now, he was running late for an important meeting while his mother was sick and asleep in her room.

To Ibrahim's utmost shock, Mawra suggested that she'd take a day off and look after his mother. He can never describe how thankful he was to hear those words. Salika was having a mild fever for the past few days and had a doctors checkup today, to which she agreed only after a lot of persuasion from everyone.

"She will be fine, Insha Allah, I'll message you as soon as I leave the doctor's cabin. Stop worrying." Mawra mumbled softly, as she looked up at him. He nodded hopefully, with a small smile on his lips. His hands rested on her waist as she tied his tie.

"I'm really thankful that you're staying with mom, you know right... How tight my schedule is these days." he muttered dejectedly, to which she frowned in return, "first of all, you're not allowed to say thanks. She's been a great mother in law to me and I owe her this and so much more, you don't worry about her health. She's fine, its just the seasonal fever as she said. I'll take care of her anyway."

"Rock this meeting! May Allah bless you with lots of success and protect you from evil eyes, Aameen." after tightening his tie, Mawra placed a lingering kiss on his cheeks and smiled at him.

He grinned at her and placed a kiss on her forehead, "I'll call you later. I need to go now." It felt weird to go to the office without her. But he was glad that she's staying back for his mother's sake. Mawra is one of those staffs, who never took any holiday and worked sincerely. The only time she took holidays was during their wedding and good god, he missed her assistance terribly at that time. How he's going to survive another day without her is a big question mark now.

"I'll miss you..." Ibrahim trailed off sceptically as she walked him to the porch.

Intertwining their fingers together, Mawra smiled at him, "I will miss you too, come home soon." Lately, he's been so busy and was coming home at odd hours, she never once complained considering she was his assistant and knows how hard-working her husband was. But still, she missed spending some alone with him.

"Did you plan something or what?" Ibrahim raised his brows, curiously as he noticed her hidden blush. He has learned so much about her till this date of their marriage and this is one of those moments where she wants to hide something badly but her expressions give it away easily like every other time.

"How? Oh, never mind. Just come home soon, I miss spending alone time with you, I am going to cook dinner for you. Specially trained by your mother, so don't worry." Rolling her eyes, she continued, "I hope you'll be home soon." This way, they can be at home and still enjoy each other's company. It was supposed to be a stress buster for Ibrahim.

"Oh shoot! I totally forgot that its our date night." Ibrahim groaned in annoyance. They both switch turns on planning dates every week. The last week Mawra has taken him to a beach resort and they thought of spending the whole weekend there, which sadly was cut short into a single night due to his work. She didn't complain though.

"Its okay, Ibrahim. I know how busy you are. I planned it instead of you this week. Weren't you the one who said, we are going to be equals in this marriage?" She raised her brows with a playful grin and he gazed at her amusingly.