4: our limits

****

"My best friend is going to get married to my favorite actor, Jake Shim! I'm so excited."

I put the phone away as she screamed happily after I told her about the contract marriage that was arranged by his dad.

Namjin seems like didn't understand anything that happened to me. She was excited about me getting married to Jake instead of pitying me for being forced to get into the contract marriage that would just last long for two months.

I spoke on the phone, "But Namjin, why aren't you mad at me for getting married to your favorite actor?"

"Why would I get mad at you? I'm so happy because my friend will get married to him. That means I can meet him when I come to your new house."

"I don't need to buy tickets to meet him. I don't need to fight with his thousand of fans to get into the fan sign meeting. I don't need to wait for more episodes of his drama to release."

"Because I can ask him for spoilers. That's great."

I scoffed, "So, you're using me for your benefits."

Namjin screamed on the phone.
"No!"

"I need to go first, Namjin."

I immediately ended the call when I bumped into Heeseung and Jaehyuk at the entrance door. I bowed respectfully to Heeseung, then approached him, so we could go to the office together.

"When will the meeting with Mr.Hong be held, Ms.Han?"

He asked as we got into the elevator. I took out the book that I used to write his schedule on and opened it to check the time for the meeting that will be held today.

"The meeting will be held at this 2 in the evening. The organizer team has already decided on the idea of the product that you asked them to discuss. Mrs.Yoo has sent copies of the idea for the new product to me. I will send them to you later.

"You could take a look at them and inform me about your opinion on the--"

I immediately stopped talking as our gaze met. I didn't even realize that he leaned his upper body closer to me to take a look at the book in my hand because I was too focused on telling him about the work. I could feel my cheeks heated as I could feel his hot breath on me.

This was the first time we stood so closer to each other. I have never seen this side of him before. He looks so much beautiful when we were just a few inches from each other. His eyes, nose, and lips were perfect.

That made my heart beat so faster than it used to be. As soon as the door of the elevator opened, I quickly kept the book with me and ran to the office without waiting for him. It felt so hot right now. I felt like I was about to explode.

And my thought immediately disappeared when the conversation he had with Jake yesterday crossed my mind. The conversation where they talked about their first love.

I still remembered the last question that he asked Heeseung. The man didn't answer him at all. It's obvious that he still has a feeling for his first love.