7: mansion

The marriage felt like a joke. We met each other in the auditorium with the wedding dress on our bodies and held each other's hands like a happy couple, but after the wedding ended, we have returned to the normal life again, where I was just a single lady who lived with my best friend and a secretary to the director of LHS meanwhile, Jake returned to the acting industry again and acted as if nothing happened between us.

No text and no call.

it's funny how both of us were a married couple but didn't act like one at all.

After two days of being separated from each other, Jake finally called me and told me about us moving into a new house that was given by his parents as a gift. I was heartbroken when I knew that I needed to be separated from Namjin after almost five years of living together. I couldn't eat with her and talk to her until midnight anymore.

I couldn't see her stealing my snacks and running to her room anymore. It's sad to leave this apartment. It felt like a breakup.

I was downstairs as a truck came to pick up my things. Jake told me that he would fetch me in a few minutes, so I waited in front of the apartment with Namjin and was surprised when Namjin suddenly whined with her palm covering her mouth.

I looked at the car that drove in our direction and realized that it was Jake. That's why Namjin couldn't help but fangirl over her favorite actor. As soon as Jake came out of the car, Namjin immediately acted so cool and held herself from fangirling over him again.

"Let's go." Jake shortly said.

I slowly nodded and gave a warm hug to Namjin.

"Take care of yourself when I'm not around."

Namjin nodded,
"Can I come to your house when I want to?"

I took a glance at Jake who was standing next to me. He raised his eyebrows and was confused when he saw the gaze on me. He shifted his gaze to Namjin, then replied to her.

Namjin smiled like an idiot. It was the first time Jake talked to her. She felt like she would die on the spot.

"You can come to our house when I'm not around."

He continued, "I want you to protect her when I needed to leave for work."

Namjin happily nodded. "Why can't I go to your house when you are around?"

Jake smirked,
"We need some privacy."

Namjin took a glance at me and gave me a teasing look before hitting my shoulder.
"Alright. I think both of you should go now."

She continued,
"Because both of you need some privacy together."

I looked at Namjin and gave a signal for her to stop. This dumb girl. I have told her that my marriage to Jake was planned by his parents. I told her everything but she didn't remember them at all because she was too excited after finding out that I would get married to her favorite actor.

My attention was distracted when some people who were living in the same apartment as me caught us together. As soon as Jake realized their presence, he placed his hand on my shoulder and pulled me closer to him.

"Let's go. We have so many things to do at the house."

****

Again, we had no conversation in the car at all. The ride was all silent like no one was actually in the car. I sat next to Jake and frequently took a glance at him because I wanted to talk to him so bad, but when our eyes met, I quickly shifted my gaze away and continued focusing on the ride while listening to the radio, like it was my comfort song.