27: the memories we wish we forget

Jina was nervous when Jake approached her. She brought her daughter closer to her and took a step away when he stood in front of her. Jina didn't want to stare at him or talk to him at all.

She just wanted to run away from him and acted as if nothing happened after they met. She almost completely forget him, and now he appeared in front of her again.

The familiar feeling came again. The feeling that contains love and hates towards him. Jaena rested her head on Jina's shoulder and lifted her head to look at Jake.

She sucked her fingers and looked at him for a long time. Jake went closer, reached his finger to Jaena's cheeks, and caressed them gently. Jina took a step away from him again and brought her daughter closer to her.

"She is my daughter," Jake mumbled softly.

Jina shook her head,

"You don't have a daughter."

Jaena lifted her head to look at Jake again and this time, she leaned her body closer to him while opening her arm. Jina stared at her daughter speechless. Jake went towards her and carried Jaena on his arm.

"She has my eyes and lips," Jake said to Jina while adoring the little girl in his arm.

"Why are you so confident that she is your child? I told you that I got a miscarriage."

Jake responds, "Stop lying to me, Han Jina."

He continued,
"I heard everything you said to Yurim. Did you do this to run away from me?"

At the same moment, Jina suddenly received a call from Namjin. She said before she answered the call,

"I need to leave now. Namjin is waiting for me outside the place."

As soon as she answered the call, Jake grabbed the phone and talked to Namjin. Jina watched Jake speechless. She reached her hand to take Jaena away from him, but he stopped her by pulling the girl closer to his embrace.

"Namjin, I'm with Jina today."

"Is this Jake?"

Jake hummed in response.

"I will take her with me. You can leave."

"I will bring my daughter with me too."

"Alright..."

Jake immediately ended the call and approached Jina who was watching him silently. Without hesitation, he reached his hand to her and waited for her to hold his hand.

Jina stared at him coldly and spoke up.

"Where do you want to bring me to?"

Jake answered while patting Jaena who was mumbling on his shoulder,

"Let's discuss about us in the car."

He took a step forward but Jina quickly avoided him.

"Jake, please leave me alone."

She lowered her head and talked to him softly as she didn't want to create any trouble with him today. She just wanted to run away from him. She didn't want to stay with him longer. She hates that she bumped into him after years of separating from each other.

"I told you I won't let you go once we bumped into each other again. I will never waste this opportunity to get you back."