26: falling head over heels in love

It was almost eight in the morning, several hours after the attempted murder case happened. Wooil was taken to the police station and locked in prison for stealing an identity and attempting to murder Jina and her baby.

Because of the serious condition she had, Jina was brought to the operation room to take out the knife from her tummy before she lost more blood from her body. The operation took hours and gladly, it ended successfully.

The nurse brought her to the room, fixed the oxygen mask on her face, and left the room after checking her condition for the last time. After a few hours of sleeping, she finally woke up from her consciousness and groaned in pain as her body aches painfully.

She was nervous and scared to see herself in the hospital. She looked around the room to see if there was someone with her and screamed silently when her tummy got so hurt. She reached her hand to the patch and sobbed in tears as the wound was so painful for her to handle.

At the same time, Namjin and her friends went into the room and looked at her condition anxiously. Heeseung held Jina on the shoulder, gripped it, and softly talked to her.

"Han Jina."

Jina whined in pain and cried harder.

Heeseung leaned his face closer to her and cupped her face. Jina directly looked at his gaze. Heeseung slowly nodded and asked her to exhale with him. She followed him, and after a minute, she finally could calm herself.

Heeseung brushed her hair out of her face and caressed her cheeks gently. He slowly let go of her and pulled Namjin closer to her as she just hid in the corner of the room, watching Jina silently.

"What's wrong, Yoo Namjin?"

Jaehyuk asked his girlfriend worriedly. He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her closer to him. He reached his hand to her jaws and lifted her head to look at him.

"What's wrong?"

He asked her softly. After a few seconds, Namjin cried in front of him. Jina anxiously looked at her friend and asked her.

"What's wrong, Namjin?"

Namjin wiped her tears,

"It's my fault, Jina."

Every eye was on her.

"Choi Wooil got humiliated because of me. I replied to his letter by writing something bad about him. I should have written something good about him as you asked me to."

She cried again.

Jina shook her head,
"I was the one who told you to reply to his letter and told you to do anything with the letter."

"I didn't expect this to happen to you. Everything will get better if I didn't do anything with the letter he wrote to you. You will never get hurt."

"I hurt you, Han Jina. Please don't forgive me."

Jina reached her hand to Namjin and held her hand tightly.

"It's never your fault, Namjin. No matter what you did to me, I will never hate you for that. You're my best friend. You did that to help me. You did that to stop him from approaching me. You did that for my sake."

"So, don't be sorry. Your intention was good. You did that for me. If you're still sorry, meet Wooil or his parents and ask for forgiveness for being the reason he got humiliated in front of the student."

Namjin quickly nodded,
"I will meet his parents. I don't want to meet him. I will lose my anger if I see him."

Namjin pouted her lips and finally stopped crying after Jina and Jaehyuk comforted her.