10: lights out

"Have you already practiced the kissing scene with your husband?"

Mrs.Do asked me curiously as we bumped into each other outside the waiting room. It was so awkward to stay in the room with them. They didn't mind my existence and acted as if I was invisible. I stayed in the same position, watched Jake enjoying the food that Yurim brought for him, and took a glance at the food that I made for him.

He didn't touch them at all. He didn't even take a look at the packaging. Jake seems so happy to be with Yurim. He often smiled at her and chuckled at every word that came out of her mouth. He was happier with her than with me. It looks so obvious. I was nothing compared to Yurim.

When he was with me, he always sighed and found ways to avoid me. He wouldn't look at me straight into his eyes. He wouldn't touch me or talk to me in a soft tone unless when we were in public. He would do everything to avoid me.

It was quite painful, but since it's just lasted for two months, I would be good with it. I knew that I could handle this perfectly.

I would just act as a wife to him for two months and come back to normal life where I was just a secret admirer to Heeseung and a best friend to Namjin. The perfect life that I love.

Even though it was just a contract marriage, I would do my responsibility as a wife to him. I would show him what I could do.

I would do my best to make sure he would live comfortably and peacefully. After two months end, I would stop doing that and act as if nothing happen.

I smiled at Mrs.Do,
"Yes."

Mrs.Do nodded, "Where do you want to go? The next scene will be held in a few minutes. You should watch his skill in acting."

I took a moment to answer because I was distracted when I saw Jake leave the room with Yurim. She walked past me and left the shooting location because she needed to do her work at the restaurant.

Jake came to his manager and got ready for the next scene while avoiding looking at me who was just standing a few meters away from him.

A little smile formed on my face when I realized that he was holding the food packaging in his hand.

"I will go first, Jina. Let's meet again when we have time!" Mrs.Do hugged me shortly as we had done talking to each other. She needed to go to the director and continued her work.

So, I bid her goodbye and continued looking at Jake when Mrs.Do finally left.

I leaned my back against the wall and looked away when he looked at me back.

I lifted my head when he walked toward me. He fixed his eyes on me while still holding the packaging in his hand and suddenly stopped his manager from leaving.

I watched the scene blankly as he handed the food to his manager without any hesitation.

"Please take this."

His manager looked at him in confusion.
"What is this?"

"I don't know. It smells disgusting to eat and the food didn't look delicious as I thought. Maybe, I had an allergy to the sauce?"

Jake said, right in front of me making me part my lips and lower my head while waiting for him to leave me alone.

The manager opened the food packaging, looked at the food that I made for Jake,

"It's lasagne. It's your favorite dish, Jake."

Jake immediately shook his head,

"Not anymore. I will change my favorite dish now. just by seeing this food. It suddenly makes me want to throw up."