16: hopeless fate

All of the audience cheered loudly as Seventeen continued the performance by singing one of their hits song. I was excited to see their performance and clapped my hand when Mingyu appeared on the huge screen.

Jake stood next to me and watched the whole performance while vibing into the song. At this point, I didn't care about his presence anymore.

All I could think about was the presence of Seventeen. Even though they were performing far away for me, I was still happy that I got this chance to meet them.

I cheered along with the fans, and quickly acted behave when I realized that Jake was staring at every move of me. I tucked my hair behind my ear and clapped slowly while watching the performance quietly.

I got annoyed when some people started to get so crowded. They created a mess by pushing and hurting each other to get to the front. I

"Don't push each other!"

"It hurts! Stop pushing me!"

"We want to watch the performance too!"

Jake held my hand and brought me to the back when all of them started to fight at the gate. I looked at his hand on mine, then glued my gaze on him for a long time until he looked at me back.

He slowly let go of my hand and put his hand on the pocket.
"Is there any seat left? I don't think we can enjoy the performance here."

"The seat got sold out. I was too late."

I replied to him softly and leaned my body closer to him causing our shoulders slightly touched each other. I looked at him again, and couldn't help but fell for him harder because he looks so attractive.

This moment made my heart pound so fast.
I continued watching the performance and sighed when I couldn't see the stage well because everyone in front of me was taller than me.

"I can't see anything."

I mumbled and stood on my tiptoe to watch the performance but still, I couldn't see anything.
I looked around the place to see if there was any chair for me to stand on, and was surprised when Jake suddenly held my hand making me look at him in confusion.

Jake went towards me, bend his body to his knee, and patted his shoulder.

"Get on my back."

He took a glance at me again,
"Get on my back, Han Jina."

I smiled at him and got on his back carefully. I rest my chin on his shoulder and stared at his side profile silently. I tucked my lips as I couldn't help myself from smiling like an idiot.

I was so happy, I felt like my heart was about to explode when I saw him this close.

I wrapped my arm around his neck and continued staring at him instead of watching the performance. I shut my eyes and appreciated the moment while it lasts.

I would never have the chance to meet him and I would never have the chance to get on his back again. So, I didn't want to waste this chance. I wanted to be with him longer.

"Jina, did you watch the performance?"
He spoke up making me open my eyes and fix my eyes on the front. I nodded slowly,