12: executive suite

This was the most embarrassing moment that has ever happened to me. All of my secrets about him have been exposed at one time. Heeseung heard everything.

I believed that he didn't unhear any single words that comes out of Junghwa's mouth.

I looked at his face as he asked me and my world has crashed down when he looks so disappointed in me.

In the end, I lied to him about everything and it was my fault for keeping the secret for five years and acting as if we never met each other when I was assigned to be his secretary.

He was too popular in the college and always surrounded by twenty people whenever he went out. My existence in the college wasn't mattered to him at all.

No matter how many times we bump into each other, how many times we talk once we meet, how many times I give him a present.

He would never recognize me or remember me.

Because he was always surrounded by plenty of girls around him. He got a present and confession every day. There's always a girl who approached him and confessed her feeling to him.

A lot of girls met him in one day, it's hard for him to remember them one by one.

that's why he never recognized me in college. He was always hanging out with Junghwa because they used to be in the same course and dormmates.

We have bumped into each other a lot of times because he always went to my classroom to meet Junghwa, but he didn't remember me at all.

I felt like I'm the worst person ever. I lied to him. I didn't tell him everything. I didn't tell him that we used to be in the same college. I didn't tell him that we used to bump into each other whenever he wanted to meet Junghwa.

All I did was lie to him and act as if we had never met each other. I felt guilty.

I couldn't stand this anymore. I would burst into tears if I look at his eyes longer. So, I put my hand off him and got into the taxi without looking at Heeseung anymore.

Heeseung was speechless as I shut the door immediately. He didn't move from where he was standing at all. He fixed his gaze on me and wanted to get into the car as me but I quickly told the driver to send me home.

****

   The next day, I woke up early in the morning
with my puffy and swollen eyes. I refused to go out today. I just wanted to take a rest to clear my mind from everything that happened last night. I was all alone last night. Jake wasn't home because he was busy with his work and would be staying outside for a few days until he finished his work.

I lay on the bed for minutes and felt bothered when a lot of notifications popped up on the screen of my phone. I thought it was a text from Heeseung, but later then, I realized that it was from Junghwa and my other classmates.

"Han Jina, I'm sorry for everything. I was completely drunk last night. I didn't mean to ruin your life at all."

"He looks so disappointed and mad at you last night. Shouldn't you approach him and tell him the truth?"

"Jina, why don't you reply to our text?"

"Why don't you just forgive Junghwa? It's not that hard to do."

"Why did you suddenly act so cold to us? You were never been this sensitive before."

"This girl thinks she owns the world when she got married to that actor. She starts to take everything so seriously."