14: one week

I was all silent after finding out the truth about Yurim. There's something inner me that broke, and it caused me a silent pain. I was honestly so clueless. A lot of things gathered in my head which made me have no idea what to do anymore.

I went to the room to take a rest, and a little smile formed on my face when Heeseung came into the room with a gift in his hand. It felt so awkward to be in the same room with him.

Funny how I used to be so excited whenever we were together, but now those feelings disappeared. Every time I looked at him, some memories of us crossed my mind, starting from the moment I met him at the campus until the moment I confessed my feeling to him. It made me smile a little when I remembered them clearly.

Heeseung went towards me and put the gift on the small table next to my bed. Then, he sat on the chair with his gaze fixed on me.

"How are you feeling, Han Jina?"

I played with my fingers and didn't look at his eyes at all. "I'm good, Mr.Lee. Thank you for asking."

We went silent again.

"Are you accompanying Yurim for her treatment?"

I broke the silence between us. Heeseung lifted his head to look at me, hesitant to answer because he was scared that his words might hurt me. He knew about my past feeling toward him, so he decided to be careful about whatever he was doing and saying.

I chuckled and patted him on the shoulder.
"You don't need to be worried about my feeling. You can tell me everything about her now. Whatever comes out of your mouth will never hurt me anymore."

Heeseung looked at me long and smiled.

"I have decided to accompany her. Yurim has no one to rely on. At this current moment, she needs someone to stay by her side and give her support to fight for her sickness."

"She has been working so hard to pay for the treatment. She has been facing a lot of difficult moments in her life. I think I should reach her out to make her life easier."

I spoke up,
"Did Yurim have a hard time in her life?"

"Yes."

"Is her condition getting worst?"

Heeseung brushed his neck and softly answered.

"She could be healed if she can fight them longer."

I nodded slowly, my gaze glued to the ring on my finger. Heeseung saw that and spoke up after leaning the chair closer to me. He reached his hand to mine and held it making me look at him blankly.

"Don't do that." He said.

"I know what you are thinking about and I don't like that idea."

"If it hurts you, don't ever do that."

I smiled at him.

"Yurim deserved to be happy with her lover."

Heeseung immediately shook his head when he heard that. He seems to disagree with whatever I was doing right now.

"Don't you deserve to be happy too?"

"But both of them feel the same," I replied calmly, trying so hard to hold myself from crying in front of him.

I fixed my gaze on Heeseung,

"First love will never die, right?"

****

My mind was empty again. It was almost midnight and there's no one visited me other than Heeseung. I was alone in the room with the untouched food on the table. The nurse came to me to finish them, but I have no appetite anymore. I have lost my feeling today. I didn't feel happy or heartbroken. I felt nothing.