Chapter 47

"What do you wanna do now, Hana?" asks Jungkook nervously after sitting inside the suffocation of the car.

Hana runs a hand through her hair before turning to Jungkook. Her expression melts into relief when she sees the person's heavenly face. Would she ever get used to his beauty?

Never.

"Hana?" he snaps his fingers at her.

"Senpai," she says, coming out of the trance, "Can we grab some drinks? Please?"

Jungkook opens his mouth to say no, but her eyes are already sending pleading sparkles towards him. He looks away and starts steering away. Sure it has been a long day for them, especially her. But drinking wasn't the best way to cope.

Yet, seeing the pouty and drained face of the girl, he stops in front of a convenience store. He would've liked it better if they were having a nice dinner with wine. But today, the atmosphere screams for bottles of soju and cheap beer cans.

Jungkook stops the car in front of the brightly lit Han River. Hana rolls her window down and lets the August breeze brush her hair. Jungkook is staring out at the beautiful natural scenery in front of them, wishing they were free enough to walk around the bank hand-in-hand like the other couples.

Before he could notice, Hana has already downed two full cans of beer.

"Senpai?" she slurs out.

"Yeah?"

"That baby is so cute," she lets out, directing her finger to a couple pushing their baby's cart.

He reaches over and pulls her hand inside, reminding, "It's rude to point, Hana."

She turns to him and frowns. Soon, her frown melts into a grin when she cheeks out, "You're cute too."

Jungkook rolls his eyes as he responds, "Did you recently notice that?"

She unbuckles her belt and says, "You're cute but too big. I guess I'll just go bring the baby, then."

"Oh no, no, no!!" he stops her in time. "You can't just bring in any babies here."

"So?" she asks dumbly. "What do I need do? I want 'em babies."

Jungkook shakes his head as he replies, "If you want 'them' babies, you need to make them."

Hana laughs out loud and suddenly stops,

Reaching over, her index finger pokes his cheek, surprising him. "I doubt a made baby would be as cute as you."

He is the one who laughs this time, "Don't worry. If we'll make babies, they'll be the cutest."

The suddenly embarrassed Hana swats him away and earns a chuckle from Jungkook.

When Jungkook looks back at her, she seems ready to jump out of the car anytime and run out to abduct innocent infants. So he drives away and no matter how hard she protests, he doesn't stop until he has reached the second basement of the building he resided in.

Luckily, there is a large poster of the night view of Han River on the wall against his parked car. Jungkook pulls down the car's sunroof, turning the car ceiling-less. Hana's face immediately lights up at it as if all the anger has vanished with the metal.

"How should've done this earlier, senpai!" she whines.

"Sorry," he says and grins at her.

The both of them pick one bottle of soju each. After a little clink, they take slow sips of the drink and let it burn down their throats. They stare at the poster in front of them as they sit in silence.