Chapter 17

A/N: Shoutout to ncallioa for the sweetest words and letting me borrow an idea from 'Your Calliope'! ♥

~~~

"Wow!" marvels Stacy as she finds Hana entering the practice room. "You're a lot earlier than I expected."

She watches as the girl dressed in black removes her cap and quickly walks over to stand next to her. She pants as slides her mask down and glances over the rest of the crowd standing ahead.

SooAh calls out, "Uh-huh, Hana!" making Hana look straight up, "Don't remove your mask. Wear it back."

Hana obeys.

She looks at Stacy as if questioning what was going on in the room and the reason for its eerie silence.

Stacy just shrugs.

Right after handing over the cotton bag to Jungkook, Hana had made her way back to her seat to enjoy the rest of the time Bangtansonyeondan had on schedule. She had been having a great time watching the scenic beauty and the liveliness of the ARMYs until she received a call from Stacy. Instead of explaining anything, the caller simply asked her to come back to SOURCEMUSIC as their manager had something extremely urgent to tell. Hana grew anxious since they'd never been called to the company on their day off. And so she spent extra money on the taxi fare to reach here, without saying a goodbye to BTS.

"Well, thank you guys for coming here on such a short notice," acknowledges SooAh as she eyes all the trainees in the room, "But today's meeting really is important."

The girls' ears perk up.

"Coming straight to the point, I'm sure you've heard of the recent virus spread going on and about these days. What has just happened in Daegu recently is really unfortunate and is most likely to make matters worse. Our sources have indicated that the number of cases would only rise in the future."

The room is perfectly quiet.

"I highly request you to limit your public exposure as much as possible. Please make hygiene and sanitation your top priority. Kindly distance yourself from the masses by minimizing the use of buses and subways. It'd be too difficult to manage the situation if we find even one of you catch the infection. We want to ensure your safety first as we're accountable to your parents and the company will try its best to help you all. But at the same time, we need you all to cooperate.

"If the matters worsen, we might as well cancel your practice sessions or not allow you to leave the building at all."

Some girls freak out while the others still seem to care less.

"But for now, don't get horrified or anything as we all are here together. The company and the government of Korea would definitely take necessary steps to overcome this circumstance. Alright?"

"Ne~"

"Well, since we all are here and if you guys don't have any other plans, then why not carry on with the practice? We can give you two days off some other week. How you like that?"

Sejeong, a fourteen-year-old girl, answers, "I don't mind, manager-nim."

All others agree, although hesitantly. But who'd oppose Lee SooAh?

No one.

The girls begin to repeat the dance routine they had learnt last week. Since the sun had already set, they didn't have to spend a lot of time in here. So they give their best in today's practice and after a two-hour long intense session, they finally decide to take a break.