Chapter 43

The uneasy expression on Rubina's face draws Stacy towards her.

"Eonnie, what's wrong?" Stacy asks and squats down next to the elder, in front of the mirror.

Rubina passes over her phone to the dancer.

Stacy's eyes bulge out of her eye sockets as she skims over the article about Hana leaving Jungkook's apartment released by Dispatch.

"Does Hana know about this?" Stacy gulps. "Please tell me she doesn't."

Unsteadily, Rubina gets to her feet. "We can only hope that she's still in the studio."

"I can't believe Rebecca actually did something like that!" the enraged Stacy grits out. "She even joined hands with Dispatch! I'm not gonna spare her."

"We need to first get this deleted. It was posted only a few minutes ago," Yoonseul interjects as she enters the dance room in a rushed breath. She points to her phone and says, "I just read this too."

"I sent the authorities the link, but they haven't checked the message yet," Rubina says.

"We need to go tell them directly, then," Stacy replies.

"I'll go, then," announces Rubina and reaches out for the door.

The door opens before she could touch the metal knob.

There stands Hana, with Haein behind her. "Are you going somewhere, eonnie?"

Rubina grins awkwardly as she responds, "Oh yeah, I was just... about to..." she looks around, "get ourselves ice cream!"

Hana giggles, "What for?"

"Don't you know?" asks Stacy, trying to sound brighter, "Because we finally completed the recording of our last track!"

"It's celebration time!" Haein cheers.

"Come on in!" says Yoonseul with a smile and pulls the leader and the maknae inside the room.

Rubina takes her chance to run off.

When the four of them are left alone, Hana fetches out her phone and right before she could light up the screen, Stacy snatches it out of her hand.

"Stacy, that was rude!" protests the surprised Hana.

Stacy smirks internally. If that's what you wanna think, girl.

"Give it back!"

"Why?" Stacy raises her chin. "Tell me."

Hana grows slightly timid as she replies, "I just wanted to check on someone."

"Whom?" Haein asks excitedly. "Mr. Gentleman?" she nudges Hana with her elbow.

Hana catches hold of Haein's open hair and hides her face behind them as she nods shyly.

"Gosh, give him a chance to breathe!" mocks Stacy as she shakes her head.

"I just wanted to know what he was doing," Hana mumbles.

"Nothing great," answers Yoonseul as she looks into her phone's screen. "They're all just having tteokbokki."

"How do you know, eonnie?" Haein and Hana ask out in unison.

Yoonseul points to her phone with a shrug, "Jimin sunbaenim."

"Wow," mutter the three other girls.

"Okay, I won't ask him," Hana says again. "Now at least give me my phone."

Stacy shakes her head no.

Hana pouts and turns to Yoonseul with shiny eyes. But the elder looks away replying, "Did you forget you have to do the laundry today, Hana?"