Chapter 27

Standing on the entrance of his favorite Daily Café, Jungkook is nervous about two things.

One, dispatch.

Two, Hana.

Well, the date with Hana, of course.

Although she had promised that the café would be no one else in the café, it was the very reason he was scared to go in.

Taking a deep breath in, he pulls his thick black jacket closer to his body. He slowly pushes the hydraulic door open and hears the merry sound of the bell.

There she stands, behind the broad counter of the café. He watches as her face instantly glows like diamonds the moment her eyes fall on him. A vintage brown beret sits on her head and her long black locks are braided into two pigtails on either side of her torso.

And just like that, the nervous Jungkook is no more the nervous Jungkook.

Hana slithers her way out of the counter, towards Jungkook. She wears the same apron she had worn the day he first saw her. He reminisces the moment.

Grabbing the sides of her chic pleated skirt, she looks down as she offers a courtesy bow to the elder. "Welcome, senpai."

Jungkook blushes.

For a brief moment he wonders what it would be like if this was a cosplay café and Hana was dressed in a maid outfit.

He bites his lip at the thought and mentally slaps himself.

The girl directs the elder towards the VIP lounge and he takes his place. She slides the menu towards him with a smile.

Scanning through the menu, he could hardly see the letters clearly. Clearing his throat, he leans back. "You decide whatever you wanna serve me."

Hana gulps.

"Okay," she manages to say before dashing back towards the safe place: the counter.

Jungkook watches as she works swiftly all over the place. She wears a thin turtleneck sweater beneath the apron and her high-waist skirt matches with her beret. He averts his gaze before she could find him acting creepy.

Within minutes, she walks towards the glass table on which Jungkook sits. She finds it weird to walk in Haein's ankle boots Yoonseul had forced her to wear. She sets the plate down and sees her idol's eyes go rounder in delight. Her gaze falls on his lips; the color of which is deeper than the raspberries sitting atop the cheesecake she brought.

"I hope you like them," she says as she slides in the seat in front of him.

With eyes still on the cheesecake and the caramel frappuccino, Jungkook wets his lips and whispers, "Looks delicious."

"Thank you for coming here," she gently says.

Jungkook's lips leave the straw, but his pout stays. "Why?"

"You look like you had a hectic day and squeezing out time for this..."–she searches for the right word– "meeting." She smiles. "It means a lot."

Jungkook smiles back. He could feel the bittersweet emotion through her eyes.

He knows that he would do anything for the bitter to go away. So, he turns his smile into a grin as he replies, "It is my pleasure to come here on this date. Plus, these luscious dishes have driven all my tiredness away. So, thank you for this."

Hana feels heat rush to her cheeks.

She thanks god she wasn't pale. Or he would have probably seen them turn scarlet.