Chapter 23

Taylor Swift's Folklore blasts through the large studio where the girls are focused on stretching their leg muscles and strengthening those of their cores.

The three off-white walls are soothing as the setting sun shines into the room. The fourth wall is covered with a large mirror that reflects about a dozen Pilates gears. Five of them are occupied by the five girls.

After being distinguished from the other trainees, these five had their workout altered from cardio and weight-training in the gymnasium to performing Pilates. They were glad that now they wouldn't need to dread their HIIT-workout days anymore.

Dressed in a pink sports bra and black yoga pants, Rubina stretches her spine as she rests her back against the cushioned top of the curved mount of the ladder barrel. Right when her palms touch the wooden floor, she calls out for Ms. Shin, their latest workout trainer.

The slim woman, dressed in a loose black tee and pants, leaves Hana's side to rush to the oldest member. She fixes Rubina's right foot below the second ladder from the bottom and gently grabs her left leg to lift it up towards the ceiling.

Being a newbie to this sort of routine, Rubina fails to stretch her leg completely, but tries her best to hold the pose for a longer duration.

Turns out that Pilates won't go easy on them either.

Ms. Shin speaks through her white mask, "This exercise won't only act as a chest opener, but also work on your obliques since it requires absolute stability."

Slowly removing her hand off of Rubina's calf, Ms. Shin glances around the room. She is happy seeing all the girls deeply delved into their respective workouts.

Stacy is doing stable crunches as her beck rests on the foam roller.

Haein does a perfect pelvic-lift on the blue Swiss ball.

Yoonseul tries her best to hold her tendon stretch as she bends her body over her legs straight across the wooden shaft of the reformer chair.

Hana performs a split in the air. With both her hands grabbing the steel rods of the Cadillac-Elevated bed in the best posture, both her legs hang with the support of a pair of trapeze.

After glancing at the watch on her wrist, the tutor lets out, "Yeah, girls! You did a great job today!"

The five of them go limp as they finally sigh out in relief. Although they do not sweat as much, their muscles now cramp in pain. Yet they feel a satisfaction after working hard to enhance their strength.

Huffing, Hana climbs down the equipment and walks over to Rubina, who is now searching for her abs in front of the mirror.

"You know what, eonnie?" says Hana as she runs her hand over her abdomen protected by the thick fabric of her top.

"Yeah?"

"My muscles hurt the same way when I try to hit those high notes while dancing."

"I know, right?" the elder sighs.

Yoonseul suddenly penetrates and pushes the two girls in opposite directions as she excitedly squeals, "Look at me!"

"What?" Rubina and Hana voice out in unison.

"Can't you see my abs?" she yells, "They're exactly like Jungkook sunbaenim's!"

Stacy snorts from the distance.

Ms. Shin adds, "You still have a long way to go, sweetie."

Suddenly, the door of the room opens after three loud knocks.