Chapter 41

"Jeon Jungkook, YOU!!" exclaims Hana as she drops the box on the floor and charges at the man.

At that, Jungkook is reminded of the night he first saw her. For a couple of seconds, she looks exactly like the ethereally cruel attacker who lunged at him on his twenty second birthday.

But her image is quickly replaced by the present one. This Hana is taller, stronger and has more confidence. Not to mention bolder, because she now straddles his thighs more dangerously than she did a few minutes ago.

"You said you didn't open that pendrive!" she lets out heatedly.

Jungkook couldn't help but note her chest heaving up and down. Damn, she really is mortified to show what lied inside that storage device.

"Why are you getting so worked up?" he asks gently, "It's okay. Everything inside it was cute, anyway."

Hana leans away sulking; while still grabbing the fabric of his black shirt.

He leans in, gently tapping the girl's chin from beneath. "Hey, Hana," he says cutely.

Suppressing a smile, she lets her eyes watch his beautiful face.

"You know," he starts solemnly, "Don't make me regret that night when I went through that pendrive."

"What do you mean?" she asks, worried.

He chuckles at himself before continuing somberly, "I stayed up all night searching for certain elements of the person I was most curious about."

Hana gulps at the mention of herself with such fever.

"I was dying to know more about you. You have no idea how happy I was when you finally told me your name. Honestly, I expected your name to be as exotic as you were, but funnily it was a word which left my mouth almost every day." He smiles up at her as she does nothing but breathe. "I thought that just knowing your name would be enough for me. But when I found that cold pendrive in that jacket's pocket, I thanked god that I could now know at least something more about you. Do you think I would've missed that opportunity?"

Hana has no words and that is a rare occasion to behold.

"But the next day was very tiring. I could hardly practice and hyungs got really worried." Jungkook laughs as he reminisces, "Jimin hyung thought that I stayed up playing League of Legends."

Hana giggles through her overwhelming emotions.

"I wanted to tell him that I would've rather played Overwatch, you know?" he says with a pissed off expression.

And Hana throws her head back laughing at that. "Seriously!"

For her safety, he gently gets hold of her waist to not let her fall onto the floor and feel embarrassed again.

"You know, senpai," she gently whispers, "I don't know what to say, but, I just want you to know that... I'm very happy right now."

"I'm glad," he smiles and sweetly caresses her cheek. "And I want you to stay so."

The atmosphere was full of appeasement, lightness and a comforting silence as the two of them forgot the existence of everything but each other.

Why get physical when you can get such warmth?

A few seconds pass. Jungkook groans while grabbing the TV remote as he remarks, "This is getting heavy."

"Can you hear the bass boom? I'm ready!" continues Hana instinctively.

"What?" Jungkook laughs and grabs the TV remote. "Let's watch something."

She should be leaving his place soon but she prefers to sit on top of this man over anything else.