Chapter 49

Jungkook shakes his leg which hangs down the mechanical chair. Biting his lip, he fixes the angle of his phone and turns to Hana who is seemingly busy on her phone.

The girl still keeps the thousand messages from her WEnUS group chat unread. Scrolling past her ex-boss Kyunghui's unread text, she finally opens a long message from Yuki, her long lost – or one dare say – new found half-sister.

Of course the little Yuki would not understand why suddenly her favorite idol would transfer such a large sum of money to her and her mother's joint account. Hana sends her a small heart without reading the message and switches her phone off.

There. She had done it. Now she could move on from yet another brick life had thrown at her.

When she looks up, she is met by Jungkook already staring at her through his vision curtained by his long hair. And all of a sudden, she feels self-conscious. But the feeling soon shies away when he interlocks his fingers with hers. Surprisingly, right then, his legs stop shaking as well.

He turns on the V-Live; titled "Important, please watch".

The viewer count increases exponentially when two of the most popular idols are found together in the same thumbnail.

It is Jungkook who begins, "Hello, dear ARMYs and UNINI and everyone watching us live. We hope you're being well."

~

Down in the CEO's office, all beings hold their breaths as they watch the clip. Bang Si Hyuk has one hand covering one eye and the other tries to calm his trembling legs.

The said man averts his eyes dramatically when Jungkook raises his hand, interlaced with Hana's and declares, "We like each other."

Leaning against his table with his head hung low, he mutters, "Namjoon, is this a dream?"

Namjoon looks up at the ceiling before releasing a deep sigh, "No, PD-nim, this is the truth."

"A dream-come-true," Haein mutters involuntarily as she swoons over the couple inside the screen. She is lost until Rubina nudges her in the ribs.

Mr. Bang sighs at her comment.

"But, PD-nim, are you really surprised by this news?" asks Jimin as he slides a glass of water towards the CEO.

Si Hyuk keeps his eyes on the screen as he gives a lopsided smile. "Of course not, Jimin-ah. Their rendezvous were way too evident. Jungkook was quite obvious even before she came to BigHit."

"So you're not mad?" asks Yoonseul, a light of hope becoming visible to her.

PD-nim straightens up. "Why would I be? Look, I've told you all before that I'm surely not against your personal choices and whatsoever, but the bigge–"

A notification on his phone cuts him off. His eyes widen when he glances at his phone lying on the table, and he scrambles to pick it up.

Ten seconds later, he smashes the phone face down.

"What's wrong, PD-nim?" Hoseok asks, hiding behind Taehyung after being startled by the abrupt noise.

"This was what I was worried about!" the eldest roars.

"Please calm down, hyung," says Namjoon, his voice pleading as he walks towards him. "Tell us what's wrong."

"This freaking MAMA canceled all the performances of our label for this year! Damnit!"

"Oh no!" Yoonseul and Jimin let out simultaneously and exchange a nervous glance; the others being too worked up to notice.

"What about our nominations?" Stacy asks with a raised brow. "Will every idol under BigHit suffer?"