Chapter 15

Jungkook is staring at her. He knows that he is. But in spite of being aware of how creepy it might appear, he is unable to take his eyes off of her.

What is further surprising is the fact she is staring back at him with the very same intensity. Although he is not sure what might actually be going on in her mind, he likes her hazel hypnotism.

As if on cue, the girl hesitantly looks away; as if mentally scolding herself for behaving that way. When she does, Jungkook finally falls out of the trance. That is when his ears catch up with all the cheering and the screaming echoing inside the room. Gosh! He needs to regain his senses.

Manager SooAh then walks inside the hall, clad in a black knee-length skirt paired with an off-white blouse. Her black heels clacking against the floor help in the reduction of the noise, but only up to an ant-sized extent.

She goes and shakes hands with all the members of Bangtansonyeondan and expresses gratitude for coming here.

"So, my dear girls!" she yells over the noise after facing the crowd, "This was the surprise we had planned for you! Did you all lik-"

She is interrupted by an even louder uprising, "YES!"

"Alright, alright! Please calm down. They will be the guest judge for today!"

A louder outburst shakes up the space.

The only seven men in the hall giggle and grow shy with the response. People might think that they would be used to this treatment up till now. But in reality, seeing the ARMYs like this still makes them as nervous and stunned as they felt back in 2013.

Hana feels herself tearing up by seeing their flushed faces and adorable smiles.

Not today. Not now. I have to perform. She reminds herself not to let her emotions get the best of her.

The manager gestures the men to take seats behind the long desk set up for them. There lie seven sheets of paper paired with pens and microphones alongside small plastic water bottles. The boys finally sit down on the comfortable chairs and begin talking amongst themselves in incoherent words.

There were no bodyguards around the band. God knows what prevented the girls to reach out to the men and hug them until they ended up hitting the ground.

"Quickly get into your groups as your evaluation will begin in a few minutes now," announces SooAh at the top of her lungs.

She regrets suggesting Bang PD-nim the idea of having BTS over.

Trying to help out the struggling woman, Namjoon grabs his mic and turns it on. "Hi, everyo-"

The girls keep on shouting and the men keep on feeling amused.

Feeling the excitement radiating from the girls, V shows off his pearly whites, J-Hope makes a big heart on the top of his head, Jin blows repeated kisses, RM looks down popping his dimples up, Suga displays his signature gummy laugh, Jungkook smilingly tries to cover up his red ears and Jimin almost falls off his chair with the overwhelming shyness.

No wonder they are so in love with their ARMY.

Trying again, RM continues, "Dear trainees!" he pauses, "we can talk as much as we want once your evaluation is over. So for now, kindly do as your manager says. Thank you."

Obeying their President, the girls quickly join their respective groups and ready themselves for their performances.

Lee SooAh gently mouths a 'thank you' at Namjoon.

The boys notice that except a group of nine girls, all others girls stand apart in the corners in order to maximize the performance space in the middle of the hall.