Chapter 25

"So leader-nim," asks Yoonseul, as she pulls Hana to sit next to her on the dining table of the canteen, "Did your meeting with Sooah-ssi go well?"

"Yeah," answers Hana, "Did manager Bae tell you that I'd gone there?"

"Yup," says Stacy, who sits diagonally across Hana, "Also that you went there with a special guide."

Hana looks down as she smiles shyly.

"So, will manager Lee still worry about the five of us?" asks Rubina from next to Stacy.

"I hope not," says Hana, "Speaking of the five of us, where's Haein?"

"Hey, eonnie!" yells a squeaky voice from a distance, causing Hana to turn to the counter.

The maknae rushes to the girls and slides a plate full of delicious looking dinner towards the leader. "Eat well, okay?"

"Thanks a lot, Haein-ah!"

Haein giggles as she settles next to the leader.

The five girls spend a good ten minutes talking about everything and nothing. Yoonseul mentions how she wrote a thirty-second rap made solely of K-Pop memes, causing everyone except Stacy to laugh.

"I can't wait to sing it for y'all," says Yoonseul and resumes eating.

"What's wrong, Stacy?" asks the concerned Hana, "Talk to us."

Stacy shakes her head.

"Please, eonnie?" coos Haein.

Sighing, Stacy zips open her large sling bag and fetches out the common iPad the girls use at the dorm. Playing a video, she sets the device in the centre of the table and the four girls lean over the screen.

"Isn't this our dance-mashup Bighit had uploaded?"

Stacy nods.

"I didn't expect it to turn out so cool," marvels Hana as she finishes the last bit of food on her plate.

"And I can't believe this is the first time I'm seeing this." Haein mumbles.

"Man, we look like idols!" Yoonseul adds.

"I know, right?" Rubina mumbles with a stupid grin, eyes never leaving the motion-picture.

The video ends and the four of them look at Stacy questioningly. Stacy scrolls down until she taps open the comment section.

"The problem is the comments," she says, "I didn't really wanna show them to you guys, but I guess we all must know about this."

After reading dozens of comments, the girls were rendered speechless.

"Give me that," Hana whispers as she points at the iPad.

Stacy complies and hands over the device to Hana.

Standing up with her plate in one hand and the gadget in the other, Hana walks away; leaving the four more puzzled than they already were.

~

⚠️*Trigger Warning: Self-Harm*️⚠️

Immediately after reaching the dorm, Hana changes the password of the tablet and knocks it off onto Haein's bed so that the girls won't be able to read the malice again.

She sits down on Yoonseul's bed from across Haein's, trying to breathe. She tries to steady herself but fails. The rage and sadness inside her mind gives her no chance to think straight. She claws at the mattress of her eonnie and shakes her head as if that will erase all the spiteful readings.