Chapter 50

{A/N: This is the last chapter. ❤️}

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

December 2024

'No,' Hana reminds herself. She would not let other thoughts intervene her present.

"And!" exclaims Lee Sung Kyung, the award presenter while keeping her eyes fixed on the card she held, "The Mnet Asian Music Award 2024 for the Artist of the Year goes to..."

The screen sweeps over all the five nominees: STRAY KIDZ, WEnUS, ITZY, BTS and AESPA.

The presenter grins as she announces, "WEnUS! Congratulations!"

Right then, the whole crowd of thousands in the Singaporean stands erupts in a wild frenzy of dynamic enthusiasm for the group. All artists in the podium give the group a standing ovation.

The five girls stand up after a three-second pause. They bow to the senior artists which were cheering for them before bowing to the audience that was flashing their coral and teal lightsticks.

After a merry group hug, WEnUS walks down the long walkway; Hana becomes extra focused on getting rid of the other thoughts. Their favorite part of this moment is not winning the award after competing with senior groups, but the feeling of receiving so much love from the fans and the giddiness of their work finally being recognized.

Before the talented and tall Sung Kyung presents the award to the girls, she hugs them one-by-one. Hana does not forget to compliment how beautiful the actor looked this evening. After handing over the golden award to Rubina, Sung Kyung disappears into the shadows.

The eldest member steps in front of the microphone, unfazed as she bends excessively low to speak, "First of all, I think the industry needs to get used to setting up taller mic stands as artists these days are actually touching the sky," and earns a loud fit of snickers from both the spectators and idols like Sowon, Tzuyu and Wonyoung.

"Anyways," she continues and takes a second to look at the award in her hand. "I want to thank all the UNINI who supported us through and through," she pauses as the crowds go hysterical from her striking visuals and the fact that the first beings she thanked were none other than them. "It truly means so much!"

Quickly, she steps aside as Yoonseul march forward. "Wow," she mutters and her voice is enough to push the fans to quaver in exhilaration. "I won't say this is unbelievable, because, you know?"

The audience was too clever to not understand the implications.

She goes on, "I, on behalf of WEnUS, want to thank our seniors!" unafraid, she points to the location where Bangtansonyeondan stood and still clapped their hands red. Then her finger shifts to all the BigHit artists from memory of their locations. "Thank you so much for always being there."

Next up is Stacy in her maroon thigh-slit dress. "Ah, yeah," she sighs dramatically. "After being snubbed for so long in the major award categories, how do we feel when we sweep two Daesangs in one night, you ask?"

The guards try to control the UNINI who are ready to pounce on the stage, hug the five girls and curse the living hell out of the MAMAs. Oh, right! This was WEnUS's second Daesang after winning the award for the Song of the Year.

Stacy pushes her now long hair behind as she answers her own question, "Really badass."

She is pretty sure Yoongi is grinning right now.

The viewers are surprised-and-not-so-surprised at the sassy comments these girls were pulling.

Stacy straightens up to add in a formal voice, "I want to take this opportunity to thank the producers, performance directors and the filming teams without whom this would not have been possible."