Chapter 24

Immediately after settling inside the car, Jungkook asks his driver hyung to drive to the SOURCEMUSIC building.

Hana is surprised to find the car seats more comfortable than any couch she had known. The beige colored leather of the armrest feels cold against her wrists. She quickly hides her hands inside her jacket's sleeves. Jungkook, who sits on the seat to her right, finds her cute in the sweater paws.

She breathes raggedly and tries to steady her mindset. But the mere thought of him sitting next to her has made her lose her senses.

The dark sky of the late-evening wasn't helping either.

"Relax, Hana," Jungkook voices out seeing the expression of unease on the girl's face.

Hana glances at Jungkook and warmly smiles in response.

Jungkook breathes deeply when he takes in the look of the wide-eyed girl with a messy bun sitting at the base of her head. He notices a few strands of hair escaping from near her temple and Jungkook bites back his sudden urge to push them behind her ear.

Suddenly, he fetches out two black hats from the seat cover in front of him. He fixes his black bucket hat on top of the girl's head, almost covering up to her eye-level and repeats the action on himself.

She lifts her chin higher to gaze into his dark eyes and blinks a couple of times.

He raises an eyebrow in response; causing Hana to look away.

"Hana, come on, pull up your mask." Jungkook says, "Let's quickly get inside without letting the paparazzi know."

"Huh?" Hana replies, "But I don't see anyone around."

"Exactly why you should be more careful," he whispers, "You never know who's keeping an eye on you."

Hana shudders.

"One wrong move and you'll be on the internet the next day," adds Jungkook's driver hyung as he looks back at the two through the rearview mirror.

Hana nods with a sigh and replies, "Those people keep cameras loaded like AK 47s."

Jungkook chuckles. "You're right. Now let's go."

Opening the doors of the large building, the receptionist immediately recognizes the two and bows. Hana and Jungkook mirror the act and begin walking inside.

There was an uncanny rush of emotions going on in Hana's body. Walking into a long hallway side-by-side with Jungkook was too much.

Or so she thought.

Until the moment they saw the doors of the empty elevator open.

"I-I think I should take t-the stairs. I need to lose weight," she awkwardly mentions and makes a quick movement away from the doors.

Jungkook catches her by the wrist, causing Hana's breath to hitch in her throat, and drags her into the elevator. Gently letting go of her wrist, he presses the button for the third floor and watches straight ahead as the doors close.

"You don't need to worry about your weight around me," he speaks without looking at Hana.

Oh God. Hana looks down as she tries to maintain her balance which had been wrecked by her unwreckable ultimate bias.

Suddenly, she remembers their last meeting on the terrace and slowly looks up at the man, trying to figure out why he hadn't mentioned anything about her offer from the day before.

"Do you have something to say?" Jungkook smirks, as he inserts his hands in his pockets.

"No. Why would I?"