Chapter 33

"I can't believe that even Naryeom manager-nim won't tell us where Hana is!" the enraged Stacy exclaims as the four girls walk through the corridor leading up their room. "This is all so messed up."

"She didn't come to the practice," counts Yoonseul, "Even the cafeteria is empty."

"What if she's with BTS sunbae-nim?" probes Rubina.

"I asked Jimin sunbae-nim a few minutes ago," confirms Yoonseul. "She isn't there."

Sighing, Rubina unlocks the door and Haein enters first. As soon as she turns on the light, her eyes fall on the neon pink sticky note plastered on their closet.

She rushes to it and plucks it out. She reads out:

Dear WEnUS,

I'm so sorry I had to disappear all of a sudden. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you the reason before I left. Not that I can tell you now, either. But just know that I had to go back to Nepal under certain unavoidable personal circumstances. I'll tell you everything when I return. Don't think much as I'll be back soon. Until then, take care, keep fighting and rocking the stages!

Love,

花。

"Seriously?" Yoonseul frowns.

Stacy grabs a marker off Hana's desk and snatches the note out of Haein's hand. With intense emotions, she scratches off the 'WEnUS' and she grits through her teeth, "WEnUS? There's nothing like that without any one of us!"

~

Meanwhile, in the first-class area of the aircraft, the gorgeous flight attendant asks Hana if she needs anything else.

On a normal travel, Hana would've actually flirted with the woman as her beauty was enchanting. But today, she simply answers, "A box of tissues and privacy."

~

Naryeom crosses the hallway to stand outside PD-nim's office. She has to know all the changes which will be made in WEnUS's schedule now onwards. Just before she could knock, she hears muffled bickering voices from inside.

An argument in the CEO's cabin?

The steps get louder, indicating that someone is approaching the door. Naryeom shifts aside just in time.

An infuriated Jungkook shuts the door on his way out. His eyes fall on Naryeom, who seems to be perplexed. That is when she notices his puffy face, red nose and cheerless eyes.

He slightly bows and skids away lightning fast.

In all the years she had spent alongside him, this was the first time she saw him like this; first time she heard him like this.

And perhaps she knows why.

~

Her oversized spectacles, the face mask, the hat, an empty trolley and the all-black outfit make it nearly impossible for anyone to recognize that Hana, the rookie K-Pop idol, is now walking down on Kathmandu international airport.

Every step she takes towards the main gate makes the two years old memories flash right in front of her eyes; but in rewind. She is able to imagine two girls – Mira and she herself – sitting in the waiting area, all jittery and excited. As soon as she blinks, they fade away like a puff of cigarette smoke.

In the area beyond, she stands right where and her father had waved them goodbye.

He had kissed the top of her forehead so tenderly, she felt like she was a flower petal.