Chapter 34: Bumpy Relationship

Kamui's POV

After half a day with no conversation, we're finally in the land of the Nova Grapplers. The moment I jumped off him, my avatar left me. Nice of him to leave me in a land I've never been before... Luckily, another unit arrived I his place. "Welcome to the Nova Grappler clan, our Vanguard!" Shining Lady greeted. "We have been waiting for you." She then told me to follow her to where I was supposed to be staying for the week.

When we got to the place, Shining Lady showed me my room. The building looked futuristicy but what can you expect in a clan filled with robots. The room however, looked like an office with a bed instead of a table in the middle. Guess I have to get used to this style if I want to fit in.

"Now, how do I form a bond with someone who hates me?" I started talking to myself. "Question is, why does my avatar hate me? Is it my height? No, there are a lot of units here my size. How about... no... wait, I got it!"

Azura Kaiser's POV

"That was a bit harsh, leaving our Vanguard in there. What if the enemy strikes and takes him? What would you do then Azu-"

"ENOUGH!! Mega Flare, if you want to trade places with me, I'd be more than happy to give up being the kid's avatar!" I growled, turning to the unit trying to tell me what to do.

"Why do you hate our Vanguard so much!? Has he ever done wrong?" Ultimate Raizer, Mega Flare also started speaking harshly. "Tell me Azura Kaiser, what do you have against-"

"That is none of your concern!" Then I left Mega Flare before he could say anything more.

When I was away from him, I went to check on my Vanguard. He wasn't in his room so I tried to check other places that kid could have gone. I finally found him in the rooftop making a fool out of himself. Little did I know, someone else is watching him train besides me.

Kamui's POV

"Yosh! It's time for some training!" If I want to have a bond with my avatar... or at least get his attention, I have to work very hard. Face one of my training regimen: In order to attract a robot, one must become a robot! "Beep boop bee bee bap..." This continued until I felt a slight presence watching me. But when I turned to check, no one was there. "Must be the wind." I told myself.

For the following days, I still couldn't find Azura Kaiser. I have done everything I could to see him, even befriending the rest of the Nova Grappler units. But that unit is harder to find than Kai when he was still a stubborn cold hearted jerk. Ultimate Raizer, Mega Flare said he had somewhere else to be and offered to train with me in my avatar's stead, thus gaining his card in the process.

"Tell me Mega Flare, did I do something wrong to Azura Kaiser?" I asked on the fifth day of our training. "Six days have past since I officially started but I haven't seen him since we came. Is he avoiding me or something?" The unit thought for awhile, then he said that they have already talked about it on the day of our arrival but he never answered the question. "However, I don't think he's avoiding you. I caught Azura Kaiser watching us train a few times now."

"What the... since when?!?"

"The first time he did that was during your first individual training."

He was there when I tried acting like a robot? "So I did get his attention from the start. But how come you never told me he was there?"

"I have my reasons... It is probably time to rest now, my Vanguard. I will try to talk to Azura Kaiser once more if that makes you happy. After all, it is your last day tomorrow. Better rest." I know that he intentionally changed the subject but I still did as I was told.

A little while after I got to my room, a voice began to scream in my head. It's saying that I would never pass this test since I don't a close bond with Azura Kaiser, my original avatar. Next thing I knew, something got me and everything went black.

Azura Kaiser's POV

"Was that really necessary? He need not to know that." I came out of my hiding place when we were alone. "Yes he did. Is there something wrong with what I have told our Vanguard? He needed motivation. He needed to know that you had not given up on him." Ultimate Raiser, Mega Flare replied. He's doing it again, "Do you not see? He needed y-" Suddenly an explosion occurred. It looked like it came from the main building. Thanks to our quick reflexes, we were able to get there as soon as possible, only to find a thick, black cloud holding our unconscious Vanguard. What does he want now?!

Kamui's POV

"Yami! You dare come here and take our Vanguard?!?" That sounds like... "Hahaha! You make me laugh megadroid. Who was it that rejected him in the first place anyway?" Azura Kaiser?!

"Do you really think I rejected my Vanguard? That's what you think. I've been watching over him this whole time!" Are the words I'm hearing true? How did he even manage to do that?!? I've search all over for him not knowing that he was just behind my back! I don't know what to say...

Azura Kaiser's POV

'Destract him while I find a way to get Kamui.' Easier said than done. I'm on the verge of wanting to rip that cloud apart! Had not been Mega Flare's plan and our Vanguard held captive, I might have already fought Yami by now! "No games Yami! What do you want with that kid?" I hope this works. "What do I want? That has been the bumbest question I've heard by far! With the Vanguards gone, it would be too easy to take this world as my own... why else would I waste my time on a weak human?" That's it! "My Vanguard is not weak! Yes, he's reckless and not a good planner but you have no right to call him weak!" Then I flew to attack. Lucky for me, Ultimate Raizer, Mega Flare came just in time to take Kamui before I could land a punch on the enemy, strong enough to get him out of the place. After that, I came down and took my Vanguard from Mega Flare. Kamui was fast asleep, as expected and since his room is gone, I guess he could sleep in another guest room. No longer will I hide from him. If we still want to beat Yami, I guess I have to build a bond with the Vanguard by the end of tomorrow. Hope we can make it.

___________________________________________

Yay! Finally finished it. Luckily, my parents weren't home so I could finally finish this~

By the way, for those who didn't read the authors note, I am making a poll on whether to add a little KaixMisaki shipping into the story. Pls comment what on what you think of the idea. This poll and idea has been given as a suggestion by a reader of this fanfic (whose name I'm not telling as requested)

One last thing, this book has gotten 2.1k views so far. Were not for your support, it would have never gotten this far~♡ Arigatou for all your support for this book everyone.

Read, comment, vote and enjoy minna~♡