Chapter 37: Second Chosen Vanguard

Naoki's POV

"Woah! This place is huge!!" I said as Big Bang Knuckle Buster led me inside the palace of the Narukami clan. The clan itself was great but the palace would make you scream in excitement... which is exactly what I did. My avatar just chuckled at my outburst then ushered me to continue inside.

After dinner, Zephyr Kid, Hayate offered a tour to the entire palace which I accepted. After the tour, he led me to my room for a week. I felt a little small by the size of it but hey! At least I'm not the smallest being in this entire place. I immediately went to bed, which was conveniently my size, and waited for sleep to take over.

The next day...

"Wake up master! It's morning..." I woke up from the sound of a voice. The first thing I saw was Heaven Rising Brawler, Yohzen. "Ahhhhhhhh!" I said in surprise then took a good look around. I calmed down the moment I remembered everything that's happened. "Sorry 'bout that. I forgot I'm not with the others anymore."

"It's alright master! It is your first day after all." Yohzen said. "Anyway, breakfast is ready!"

I noticed that the palace was empty. Curiosity led me to ask the only unit with me right now. "The other units went out for training, master. They instructed me to bring you there after you eat." He said. "Ohhh, ok." I said before we reached the dining area.

After eating, Yohzen brought me somewhere away from the palace. "Where exactly are we going?" I asked. "The Narukami Clan Training Ground. It was Big Bang Knuckle Buster's idea. He said he wanted to learn more of our second Vanguard while training." Said the unit. "Wait! Hold up..." I paused for awhile, "Second chosen Vanguard? There was a first?"

"Of course! Our first Vanguard was the partner of our leader when the Narukami clan was formed..." then he stopped. "... Wait! I forgot! Sorry! I didn't mean to offend you about that master!" said the unit while bowing multiple times. "You don't have to apologize! I wasn't offended. I was just... curious." He probably still has his suspicions. "So anyway, who is the first chosen?"

"The first Vanguard is your mate, master Toshiki Kai. You'll meet his ace unit in the training ground."

"Makes sense. To be honest, I couldn't have guessed it was him but now that I think about it, Kai seems to be the most obvious choice."

"As much as I would like to talk more about that, master, we are here~"

"Oh yeah! Time does fly fast when you have someone to talk with."

"It was nice talking with you master but I have to leave now."

"Awww, your leaving?" I was a little disappointed. I was starting to take a liking with Yohzen. Guess that means I have to be with other units in order to grow stronger.

The moment I entered the training grounds, fire, swords and dragons clashed against each other. It would be so cool if your just watching it, but the thought of doing it scares me. "Enough!" One of the dragons noticed me and told everyone to stop. "The Vanguard has arrived." I didn't recognize the unit speaking so I guess he's a new unit but that doesn't explain why the other units seem to be following his every command.

"Welcome, our Vanguard, to the training grounds of the Narukami clan. I hope your stay has been enjoyable so far." The unknown unit said. "Ummmm..." I didn't know how to respond to him. As far as I can tell, the rest of the worriors respect him. I guess this is the unit Yohzen was talking about. The Dragon notice my unease and let out a little laugh. "hahaha, no need to be nervous. It's not like I'm going to eat you!" Then Big Bang Knuckle Buster came near us and said, "I do apologize for our leader's er... misbehavior, my Vanguard." my avatar pointed to the other dragon. The dragon just gave him a glare. "Judging by your look, I guess you don't recognize him?" I nodded. "*sigh* This is Dragonic Kaiser Vermillion. Our other Vanguard's Narukami avatar."