Chapter 29: Life Without Them

Aichi's POV

I turned to Kai and he nodded, telling me to summon the worrior... this is it.

"Stand up my avatar! The sword of hope that overcomes darkness responds to the call of the weak. Answer it and defend them, warrior of light! Come forth, Blaster Blade Defender!!" A worrior clad in white armor with blue linings and a red gem in the middle, as well as a white and blue cape came out.

"So shall we begin?" Kai asked our newly summoned ally.

"Of course, but before that... I believe your mates deserve an explanation. " Blaster Blade said as he turned to our friends who still had a confused expression. He has a point. Kai and I shared glances before facing them again and explaining everything we've seen in our dream.

After all the discussions and other questions thrown at me, Kai and at times, Blaster Blade, they were able to understand the situation at hand. It was finally time to master our abilities as vanguards as well as make them stronger.

Misaki's POV

After they told everything we needed to know of our current situation. Kai and Aichi had a little conversation with Blaster Blade. "Honestly, these two never cease to amaze me." Leon said. "Tell me about it!" Gaillard

sighed. Leon's right. Ever since the beginning, they have been creating miracles one after another. Life without them, I don't even want to imagine it.

Kai's POV

Before any of us could start training, we had to do a little planning. "So, how should we start our training? We know the basics already but we still don't know how to control it." I asked. "Exactly the point." Blaster Blade said. "There are three things you must do in order to firmly control the amount of energy you use to summon your avatars. Since the basics has already been learned, you've finished the first step in our training. Our next objective is to strengthen your physical and emotional states. Then we finish it with establishing a firm relation and unity towards your units and your comrades. This will help you grow stronger, not just as a Vanguard, but also in your personal lives on Earth."

"Wait! What do you mean by emotional training? Is this like what we had to go through just to get here?" Kamui asked.

"That is correct. Most of you have already passed their trials with ease I believe. However, not all of you have gone through that test. Everybody has to finish each step before moving on to the next." Then the paladin looked at me.

Realizing what Blaster Blade had just said, I had a feeling that I didn't like where this is going. He can only mean... "To summarize it, Toshiki Kai has yet to go through that test." After the he had said all those, I felt sudden shock burning from inside me and everything went black.

Aichi's POV

After Blaster Blade had said everything we needed to know how we could train, Kai fainted. Again, before he could fall and hurt himself, I caught him on time. "Is Kai going to be alright?" I asked. "It is normal for him to be in this state, my Vanguard. This is the only way he could release himself from the chains of the past. But, I must warn you that whatever happens next will be riding on whether he passes this trial or not. " Blaster Blade said.

"What do you mean?" Leon questioned.

"His test is similar to yours. If he doesn't pass this, you will return to earth and forget about all that's happened here."

"Wait? So whether we save the world or not depends on Kai passing this traumatizing test?!?" Kamui exclaimed. "I'm afraid so. This is his fight so we cannot simply interfere." The unit said.

"So what can we do?" I asked.

"All we can do is wait and hope he succeeds."

---------------------------------------------------

Konnichiwa minna san~ Schools back so I'm finally able to update again! Though I am not sure if I can update as fast as I used too since our school activities are pilled up and our exams are two to three weeks away =_= so I apologize in advance if I'm wasn't able to update that day.

Read, vote, comment and enjoy minna~♡